CHAPTER THREE

CHAPTER THREE: MAROON COLOURED KNEES
1474 WORDS

CHAPTER THREE: MAROON COLOURED KNEES1474 WORDS

    "THANKS FOR WALKING ME HOME." I said.

  Stanley smiled, "No problem! It's just, with this entire situation going on, you never know what could happen."

    The night sky seemed to have gotten brighter. The full moon was making the dark blanket above us appear to be silky and smooth. Disregarding the chaos, it was a nice night.

    My feet kicked small rocks that had fallen in front of me. I was anxious about my return home, I wasn't sure what I was going to tell my mom.

   "–Do you actually believe us?" He asked.

  I thought for a moment. Did I?

   "There's no reason not to. You guys are my only friends, I guess, and I'm hoping you wouldn't lie to me." I shrugged, letting out a bittersweet chuckle.

   "Yeah, of course. It's just," he paused, "If I were you, I would've called me a freak. I guess I'm just not use to people... genuinely liking us."

    "I felt the same in my old town. Practically no one wanted to voluntarily be around me." I sighed, "Um, anyways, this clown–Pennywise–what's the deal with him?"

    I quickly changed the subject. I didn't want my new acquaintance to think I was some insecure, lonely and self-deprecating outcast.

    "Well, what do you want to know?" He looked down at me.

    "What did he do to you guys? And what did you guys do to him?"

    "You know Bill?" Stanley began, "His younger brother, Georgie, went missing sometime last year. So, Bill being obsessed with solving the mystery of how and where his brother went... he would grab onto any lead he could find. And after a lot of research and careless luck, Pennywise was the biggest lead he could find. We all helped him, of course, and eventually we found his brother."

    "Oh... that's good, at least." I replied, but he shook his head.

    "Not necessarily. The brother we found wasn't actually him. That's a story for another time, though. Basically, we saw the clown. All of us– with our own eyes. And that's why I worry that for you, it might be hard to not think all of this is voodoo, because you haven't seen anything for yourself."

  I hummed, "Ok– say this was all fake, and you guys were a bunch of maniacs with a very over-active imagination, I wouldn't care that much. A story is a story, and this sounds like a local legend to me... so it's nonetheless interesting."