|13| -Startle-

LORI'S P.O.V.

Another day, another end of an activity. Though I hope this wasn't the end of this diverting module we just had today. Just look at how fun it is when I shot those cans perfectly off the tables! My dad would have been very proud of me this time.

I can still remember those days when he first taught me how to use those kinds of guns. Well he doesn't really asks me to shoot some random S&W's model 29.44 magnum at an early age or a Caliber 9 mm because that would be jeopardising and against the rules of the camp. He just told me the right balance, techniques, and of course the proper handling as well.

Any road, it's supper and where in the middle of a kerfuffle and armpit smelling kitchen is Sammy? It has been hours since I last saw her. It was when she started walking out of her group like a runaway bride during the gun firing activity. And I bet Major Cadet Horan has something to do with it.

You see, Sammy? She's not that walk out kind of a woman. Something must've trickled her nerve that's why she left. And that's awfully scary because it's not like her. Sammy is strong and you better agree with that.

Now I'm getting hungry! Where is Samantha Nicole Payne? Like, really. I have no one to share a table with. And it's quite odd if I just jump in some random groups. They migh think that I am feeling close with them. Curse this! As a matter of fact, I could really do it. I just got scared starting the day Holter did something. And I don't want that to happen again.

I heard someone jump near me as he bellowed my name,"Hello Cadette Tomlinson!" You can actually imagine how defensive I got with it next. I just accidentally did a quick and sharp blow with an open hand, also known as a huge slap. Well, I got startled okay? I don't normally get that kind of surprises in during this kind of a day especially from Cadet Payne.

"Are you alright Cadet Payne?" I even dared to ask when I know he's not okay because of the red hand mark on his cheek.

"You, are one violent kind of a lady," he groaned as he caresses his cheek.

"Well you must know that I am really sorry for that. I was just... startled!" I told him, sheepishly giving a smile. That mannerism of mine should really get over soon or I will get in serious trouble next time.

Liam straightened up his frame and stretched his cheeks while wobbling his jaws at the same time. I think he is now recovering from the blow he got on the face. This is such a shameful approach for me! Liam and I really didn't have some serious or close talk since the start of camp and this is what I gave him at the first try.

But these Paynes really got nice eyes you know? Sammy got the whole replica of Liam's eyes. Speaking of Sammy...

"Liam! You're a blessing in disguise," I cheered. Now startling him the way he did me. He must know where Sammy is, since it's his sister.

"She's with my group of friends back there." I looked at the direction where he pointed and yup, there she is. Laughing lazily and rolling her eyes while Liam's friend, Cadet Johnson, makes fun of her and invites her to do arm wrestle with him.

"Your brother told me he saw her walk off her group and disappear during the whole activity. So I had the guts to currently adopt her in. They look like they're having fun having her company," he added, referring fun when she knocked down Johnson's arm in just 6 seconds. What a total faggot, I thought.

I quickly marched off to Sammy's table, saying my goodbyes to Liam before he could even start another quick sentence.

"Cadette Samantha!" I called her while I make my way through the hasty moving cadets that is playing a small food fight over there.