|3| -Thoughts and Rival-

»Lorraine Tomlinson

   "STAND, AT EASE!" the General shouted sternly, directing us to spread our feet about 12 inches apart, while both hands locked with each other at the back. We can only move our eyes and heads, but only looking to the General to show some respect. Still not allowed to talk.

   "So, today cadets," the General started, walking freely from left to right while there's us suffering from standing up straight. "Oh and cadettes as well," he acknowledged me and Sammy's presence with a smile. I bet this happens occasionally in this camp, well it's obvious since when they greet us they only mention cadets and forget that there are two new cadettes who signed in.

   Past the shoulder of the person in front of me, I can see Harry and his little sneaky glances at me. He thought I wouldn't see it but it's so noticable, how could I resist to check out what he's up to? I looked back at the General and he wasn't aware that one of his major cadets is not paying attention at him so I pretended to listen as well, so Harry would think that I didn't see him taking glances at me. And when I felt him looking again, I quickly shot him a wink. Making him feel uncomfortable in a manly way — he just cock his brows up and secretly swore never to look at me again.

   "-officially today is the start of your 9-weeks training to become one of this country's noble soldiers. And I want to remind you that this training should be accomplished as seriously as I talk." he eyed us carefully, pointing at his face that's really blank and serious.

   "This is not any other ordinary summer camp ladies and gentlemen. No games, no jokes, no laughing, no singing, no dancing, no fun, just very very serious.This is a military camp, not Camp Rock for your information." he say, making me think if I should really pursue this thing. 'Cause you know, I wasn't really here to be the country's noble soldier. I just want something new to experience. Something to brag about when summer ends, ya know?

   My attention was snatched away from thinking when Cadet Payne began to hum something like a really funny song with the General's words as the lyrics. "No games, no jokes, no laughing, no singing, no dancing, no fun, just serious. His moustache, very serious."

   "Hey," I nudged Liam swiftly when the General wasn't looking so I won't get caught. "Stop singing, I don't want to get in trouble." I mumbled and his body shake from holding in his laughters.

   "Rules are stated in your handbook, pages 5-12." the general yelled again, startling me. How come he still has his voice after shouting all day long?

   I heard that they have a lot of camp site besides this camp here in Cudham and I'm sure that he's the general, because my dad once told me that if you became the general of this specific city, you'll have to look after all of the camps designated in each town of the city. No wonder why he's so hard on us. He's been tired and exhausted from going to this camp to another.

  v"Last reminder," the general chuckled low. "As you can see, there are a couple of ladies in here so no sex. Understood?" he added, making me and Liam blow air past our lips so it would make a pft sound. We were definitely as one there. Knowing Sammy, her little sister, she isn't really that girly so it's given that it's a no. And me? Same. It's not yet even in my vocabulary. I believe that this sex thing should be done with someone special and not just with someone you met a few hours ago after a nigh out.

   "Sir, yes, sir!" we responded as we stood back straight, feet locked together, then back to our stand at ease position. I don't know but this makes me smile. This whole military thing is so challenging, it makes me smile like a puppy. But of course I should stop right now or I'll get punished for the no unnecessary movements rule.