Thorin #4 (One-Shot)

(This is for Alexis)

The halls of Erebor were bigger than I thought it would be. After all the stories I've heard, I couldn't really describe its beauty. But to the down part of the stories, it was easy to get lost here. Balin had FAILED to mention that part to me! I curse and continue down the winding green hallways. I had my blonde hair up in a high ponytail and my dress pinned up so I could walk freely without tripping. I had a letter in my hand from my uncle, Bilbo. It's been three years since I last saw him. He had gone home to the Shire and I had sadly bid him goodbye, seeing that my place was here. I told him to say hello to my brother, Frodo for me and to tell him I miss him. I don't really know why I stayed behind. I thought maybe he would ask me to marry him...

Thorin. He was the reason I stayed. Was. I don't know anymore. He doesn't spend time with me and the rest of the company anymore. He's a KING now, and he has better things to do now than talk to me. I don't know why he would let me come along on our quest even though he thought Uncle Bilbo was worthless. He didn't say I was worthless. He never doubted me. And I'm not even good with a sword! Thorin is just a hard book to read is all...

...I miss him...

I never see him anymore. Not even one glimpse of him roaming the hallways! Where does he linger? Where does he usually spend his time at? Maybe I could visit...

I growl to myself for thinking I could just pop in and see the king. An old friend or not, you have to be SUMMONED in order to see him. I gave up with the ideas of ever seeing the Dwarf King again and sat down. The hallway was empty, and I might have to have Balin come and find me, cause I'm lost.

To pass the time, I read Bilbo's letter maybe forty times until I got it memorized and then sung tunes, my voice traveling down the big walls of the kingdom. I didn't even know someone was watching me.

"Lost are you?"

I spun around to see a figure in the shadows and I gasp.

"Uh...I..."

"You do know that this is the Men's Floor of chambers. No female is allowed over here."

"Oh!" I stutter. "I'm sorry sir. I didn't know!" Now I was completely embarrassed. My cheeks burned slightly as I felt the air grow hot around me. "And yes, I am lost."

The man stepped into the light and my eyes widen to see it was Thorin! He wore royal blue robes and a crown. He must have gotten rid of his fur pelt and replaced it with King's clothing. It made him look...younger.

My pure shock slowly turned back to anger and I looked away. "But not lost enough to have YOU help me!"

I start walking away, hoping this was the direction I came from. I looked back to see Thorin smirking and leaning against the wall amusingly.

"You are going the wrong way." he simply stated.

I turn at my heels and huff as I go in the other direction, imaging fumes come out of my ears. "I knew that!" I snapped.

"I don't see why your so mad, Alexis but-!"

"I'm not mad!" I interrupted, stopping in my tracks to stare right at him.

He stares at me for a while and slightly nods. "I can see that."

I growl and turn to leave again until he quickly added. "Alright. What's REALLY wrong, Ali?"

I turn red, my frown slowly saddening as my bottom lip curls. "I...I don't know..."

I turn away so he didn't see my tears slowly dripping down my cheeks. "I guess I'm homesick." I lied.

I feel his warmth coming from his body right behind me. His hand reaches up to touch the back of my neck, the touch so alien it sent shivers down my spine.

"Look at me," he ordered.

He ORDERED?! Just because he's some all and mighty king doesn't mean he can talk to me like that! I'm not even from his kingdom! Not even his world! I turn angry again and refuse to turn to face him.

"Who's gonna make me?" I hissed.

I could tell he didn't like that because his body was so close to mine I could feel his muscles tense.

"Your king," he growled.

That did scare me a little, but I turned to him so I could scream in his face.

"You mean the king that ignores me to go do some boring shit I don't know of? Or the king that ignores his friends that reclaimed his kingdom for him?! Or maybe the king that doesn't even make time to be with me anymore!!"

He backs away a little, he didn't know I was capable of yelling at someone. Not to mention, he didn't know I had the guts to yell at HIM.

"Is that what this is about?" He asked.

I threw my arms in the air. "Staying here in Erebor was a WASTE OF TIME SINCE-!"

I suddenly stop, sadness taking over me more than anger. Tears continue to slide down my face as I sniffle.

"Since I don't see you anymore." I finished.

His face softened. "You stayed for me?"

"Is there any other reason why I would stay?" I ask quietly, shivering violently not from being cold, but for feeling lonely in these kingdom walls.

It took a moment for him to think, then he chuckled. He took a step towards me and I had the urge to step back, but I remained still, too shaken up to really do anything. Before I knew it, I was wrapped in his warm, strong arms and I'm crying into his shirt. The embrace was so warm and welcoming, the loneliness fades away and we sink to the floor, still in our tight hug.

He rests his chin on the top of my head and he whispers softly and gently in my ear.

"Alexis. I honestly didn't know why you stayed behind with us instead of going home with Bilbo. I had always...I had always loved you but I was in denial of it for some time, thinking you would probably never love me back. My strong walls from loving you were probably the reason why I didn't really pay attention to the reason why you were staying in Erebor."

I continue to cry, knowing this was too good to be true. Did he say he loved me?

"Ali, look at me."

His voice wasn't giving out orders, it was more gentle and soft. I look up at him for some time, his strong arms holding me like I'm a fragile infant. He pecks my lips and whispers in my ears.

"I love you, Ali. And I will never put my duties as a King over my time with you ever again. You are more important than all the gold in Erebor. Please, be my Queen?"

He held out a diamond ring for me to see and I stare at it with wide eyes. Did he just...propose?

I giggle before I lunged at him for a bear hug. He falls back and we land on the floor, me on top of him. We're both laughing as he drops the ring and it scampers across the floor. I ignored it because I was too excited and overjoyed and kissed him fully on the lips instead, silencing our laughs. It felt right. Me above him and our lips and bodies so close together. His lips were soft and full. I feel his hands slither up my waist and pull me closer, our kiss becoming more sloppy. We pull away and I smile down at him, my tears have completely dried.

"Yes."