Legolas #3 (One-Shot)

(This is for Hannah)

My cloak whips in the wind. The sun above me said it was midday, and pretty soon Gimli will be complaining about lunch...

"As come on! Let us grab a turkey and eat!"

See?

"Get it yourself," I mutter.

My brother, Aragorn, and my friend, Legolas chuckle and Gimli growls. We were tracking a pack of orcs across the plain to find our hobbit friends, Merry and Pippin. And I worry about them. Two small hobbits only three feet tall against a group of thirty-five to six feet tall, filthy orcs doesn't seem easy. Not even to me, and I'm very skilled with a bow and arrows.

"Hannah."

I turn. It was Aragorn who spoke to me.

"Maybe we should rest for the night."

Sadly, I nodded, even though I wanted to continue to find the hobbits. "I know," I whispered.

Hobbits are like full grown but childish creatures. Their courage is beyond me but their still fragile, which makes me worry. We camp out for the night and slowly, Aragorn closes his eyes and drifts off. Gimli on the other hand crashes and starts to snore loudly.

I giggle and Legolas smiles, making me blush. We sat side by side next to the campfire as we listened to the sounds in the distance. After some time, I sigh. I lean back only to find Legolas' chest against my back, which makes me jump right back up. He wasn't THAT close to me, was he? He chuckles.

"You can snuggle close to me if you want, Hannah. Your tired and I wouldn't mind. I can keep watch."

I nod and snuggle back into him, blushing fiercely and hoping my brown hair and cover my face from him.

I could feel myself drifting and before I closed my eyes, I could hear my Wood Elf whisper in my ear:

"I will protect you to the ends of the earth. No Orc shall pierce a blade towards you without answering to me. You are my world, Hannah. And I can't even imagine a life without you fighting by my side."

I smile to myself. The warmth in his chest makes me doze off instantly. I know every time he looks at me, he can see his old friend, Tauriel. I constantly remind him that I am not her. I am not red-headed and neither an elf. Every time I say so he looks away and mutters 'I know. But your personality reminds me of her.' And now, I notice that he sees me as a woman more than his former lover.

I smile. "I love you."

He didn't hesitate. "I love you, too."

(I know it's short but it's late)