Legolas #4

He and Tauriel had disobeyed King Thranduil's orders just this once and traveled farther out of their borders.

They wanted to see great forests that were healthy. They wanted to see rivers of shimmering diamonds flow to the southern ocean. They wanted to see beautiful and ugly creatures they have never seen before.

But Legolas saw something that he will never forget.

They were crossing a dangerous river, the huge waterway roared loudly in the bright afternoon sun. The splashes whipped around, untamable, with the current strong enough to take an elephant down.

Legolas and Tauriel were crossing it by taking the route of a very skinny, very flimsy tree that had fallen one day that crossed the length across the river. The two elves tread lightly through it, only being able to make it to the middle of the 'bridge' before being ambushed by orcs!

They were full of stealth, those nasty creatures. Crawling out of bushes and trees and surrounding the Mirkwood Elves on BOTH sides of the river.

Tauriel and Legolas nod before drawing their weapons. Legolas drew back his bowstring, loaded with a single arrow while Tauriel brought out her sword and knife, positioning herself for any attack. The two elves tried to balance themselves out, afraid to make any rash movements on the weakened tree. The orcs came sauntering closer and closer, weapons sharp and ready.

Until they were struck down by a wave of a hundred arrows. And like flies, the orcs dropped to the forest floor by the dozens, some falling off the shore and into the river. Legolas and Tauriel exchanged curious and confused glances. Then all their suspicious questions were answered when hooded figures of dark green cloaks appeared from behind trees and shadow. At least a dozen hooded beings loaded with knives, swords, bows, and arrows had surrounded the orcs who were surrounding the elves. It was an EPIC ambush! One figure of a look of importance attacked first, yelling out and slashing a surviving Orc's neck as the others copied their leader's movements. The orcs were taken down in a single blow, and the two elves cautiously cross the bridge to the other side to safety, being approached by the hooded figures.

"Stay where you are!" Legolas raised his armed bow as a figure stood close to him.

"Don't come any closer!" Tauriel armed herself with her single, elegant dagger.

Most of the figures gasped at the sight of the two armed elves. The one figure that had attacked the orcs first earlier stepped forward among the others, obviously the leader. The mysterious person tilted it's head slightly as they examined Legolas and Tauriel's weapons from a distance. They recognized the workmanship and suddenly pulled down their hood.

"Is that how Mirkwood Elves treat their rescuers nowadays?"

Legolas was shocked to see a woman underneath that hood! And as you pulled down your hood, your followers copied your movements. ALL of the hooded figures were females, all had a different or unique look to them, color and race. One of which was a female dwarf, who was the shortest out of all of them, and stood close to Tauriel, examining her with a disgusted gaze.

You, on the other hand, were a ranger of the North. And you had very little grace, but great posture.

"Rescuers?!" Tauriel snapped. "We could have taken on those orcs by ourselves!"

"And who is it that 'we' might address you by?" You cock an eyebrow at the she-elf.

"Tauriel." The redheaded elf responded.

"Well, Tauriel if you must think that remember this: I saved your life." You spoke rudely.

Your girls all giggle, making Tauriel red in the face. She made a motion to step forward, but Legolas put an arm out in front of her to stop her.

"Our apologies, miss. We are very grateful. But if you can tell us who you are?"

Tauriel stared at Legolas weirdly. Whats with him? You smile.

"Y/N. And these women here are The Orc Slayers. We travel all of Middle-Earth to kill off Orc scums outside the usual command-!"

Tauriel laughed sarcastically. "The Orc Slayers?"

The girls with cloaks growl and hiss at her. Legolas ignored her and smiled at you.

"Much obliged Y/N and Orc Slayers."

"And who are you?" You asked.

"I am Legolas. Son of King Thranduil and Prince of Mirkwood."

"Yeah!" Tauriel snarled at you. "So bow down!"

"Tauriel, please!" Legolas snapped at her.

The ranger woman scoffed. "I do not take orders to anyone! Especially elves who think they are so great!"

"Yes, we understand," Legolas replied, glaring in Tauriel's direction. "We shall take our leave now. Just tell us the safest route back to Mirkwood and we shall be on our way."

You nod your head with a slight important frown and point in the direction behind the elves. "Take the path to the South. You'll find your godforsaken forest eventually."

Tauriel huffs and turns to leave. Legolas makes a motion to follow her but stops, turning to look back at you for a moment.

"We shall see each other again?"

You nod with a small smile. "The Orc Slayers and I are heading for Bree within the month to meet up with the ranger known as Strider. Until then, we shall be here. You know where to find us."

Legolas nods with a smile. "Until tomorrow then, Lady Y/N."

When he left with his companion, you blush madly, making your company of women giggle at your embarrassment. You were just stunned because no one has called you a lady before.