Bilbo #5

You were out in the market, buying whatever food you needed to fill that blasted pantry up again. You were a little nervous because this was the first time your husband, Bilbo, ever took care of your nephew, Frodo, all by himself. You and your husband took Little Frodo in to raise soon after his parents died and since then its been just the three of you.

Bilbo was in his study, looking through old maps out of boredom and then drawing a few portraits of dragons and cave trolls here and there. When he looked up, he panicked. Little Frodo wasn't in the chair he had set him on and Bilbo stood up, looking around the room. He searched under piles of thrown-over paper and searched through his ink cupboards.

"Frodo! Oh dear. Frodo! Where are you, my lad!"

He started searching through the house, looking through every nook and cranny. He knew that you would be home soon and he didn't want to startle his wife. When he got to his bedroom, his eyes widen.

Little Frodo sat on the bed, with his Uncle Bilbo's pillow torn to shreds, and in his small hand was a single, small, golden ring.

Frodo, with little strands of dark brown locks and huge big blue eyes, looked up to see Bilbo in the doorway and smiled a big, toothless grin.

"Pretty!" The toddler chirped happily as he held out the ring to his Uncle.

Slowly, Bilbo walked towards his nephew and gently snatched the ring from his hand. A stern, dark frown followed and poor Little Frodo felt a bit scared under his Uncle's dark gaze.

Bilbo snapped out of it and his face softened once the ring was safely in his pocket. He leaned down and stared Frodo right in the eye. When he knew Frodo was fixed on him, Bilbo smiled and put a finger to his lips as a sign of silence.

"Keep it secret, keep it safe," Bilbo whispered.

"Darling! I'm home! Where are my lovely boys?" Your voice sang throughout the hobbit hole.

Bilbo tucked his ring away and scooped Little Frodo up in his arms. "Coming, love!"

Frodo, as he grew older, forgot all about that ring (since he was too young at the time to remember)...until it turned up in Gandalf's watch when Bilbo passed it down to him. And then his journey began.

It was the one thing Bilbo kept secret from you in all your married life...

His precious ring.

((Sorry its short! I just wanted you guys to know that I'm still here!))

The Hobbit &The Lord of The Rings ImaginesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara