06 | Adhya saves the day

06// Adhya saves the day

◆●◆

"Mumma!," Aarav screamed. Sonakshi dropped the iron box and rushed to the entrance. She was on a holiday today because of the marathon race in Aarav and Adhya's School. Both of them wanted their parents to be present and they couldn't just refuse any of them.

She surveyed the balcony to notice Aarav lying in a pool of muddy water, blood gushing through his knee and deep scratches on his hands. On his side, his 5-year old sister Adhya was kneeling beside him trying to dress the wound, but Aarav left a loud and unpleasant whimper which was enough to get her tensed.

"Aarav!,"Sonakshi ran to his boy and made him stand on his feet. She inspected his injuries and her face couldn't deny a frown. She took hold of one of his shoulder while Adhya gripped the other.

Adhya and Aarav were the most beautiful siblings ever. From the start she has always been close to her brother. She would scream and run around him and create ruckus which actually broke their parents ideology about 'girl child will bring peace' into pieces.

In fact to Dev and Sonakshi's horror Adhya proved to be more mischievous than Aarav. She was not even one but her legs itched to run, her mouth tingled to speak and her crawling was constant throughout the day.

She would go out in the garden soak herself in muddy water with the help of her brother and they would splash dirty water in each other. The only precaution Aarav took while their mudwater play was that he would never let Adhya gobble them.

She was a very Inquisitive child like him and would always put everything in her mouth irrespective of whatever it is. Ball, water, mud, food everything were equal in eyes of Adhya as food.

Adhya's growth happened quite quickly compared to Aarav, being the second child and with sensible big bro like him, Adhya found it easy to understand the words and was able to speak around a her first birthday.

Something which was a pure bliss for her parents and another element of fascination for her brother. The very first word she spoke was 'lav' which means 'Aarav' and it lead to the creation of a invisible bond between the siblings which was unbreakable and powerful; because it was made of pure affection.

"How did you get hurt sweetheart? Haven't I told you not to run in muddy water? See what it has fetched you,"Sonakshi made Aarav sit on the sofa and observed his wound.

"Mumma, I told Bhai not to run outside but he said he wants to practice for the marathon,"Adhya rolled her lips and batted her eyelashes at her mother. It is her way if saying she didn't have any hand in mischief.

Sonakshi glared at Aarav who was whimpering with pain."Is it the time for practice? You have just 2 hours for the marathon to start and you should take rest instead of playing,"She bought the first-aid kit and cleaned his wound with a rough concoction.

"I'm sorry Mum--Mumma! ,"he hissed as she spread the ointment."I was just quite excited."

Sonakshi shook her head."Atleast you could have practice here in the verandah or in the living room. I think it is big enough for a run"

"How will I run now mum? I want to come first and not last or even second last! I want to come first, first and first,"Aarav shook his head adamantly and stared at his mother.

"That's not possible Aaru. I don't think you can even run with this and if you wanted to win them I don't think you would have thought to run in muddy water. Would you?," Sonakshi patted his cheek and left for ironing the remaining clothes.