02 | Cutie with Tiny hands

02//Cutie with Tiny hands

◆●◆

Elena's hands were shivering as she took out her phone and called Dev. She has never witnessed anyone crying in pain.

Especially labor pain.

She internally prayed for Sona's health and pressed the phone to her ear waiting for Dev to pick it. It took only two rings before Dev answered the call.

"Hello Elena, Is Sona alright?,"She glanced Sona who was lying in Asha's chest with her eyes closed, her face dry from the excessive tears trailing a line over her white face. Asha was patting her shoulder trying to sooth her.

"Jiju...she has gone into labor"

The other end if the receiver was silent. She wondered whether Dev has ended the call and marched up to their house but no, the line was still on.

"Jiju?,"Elena piped.

"I'm on the way with maa, please make her ready and wait at the entrance in the next 5 minutes."

She ended the call and helped Sona overcome the pain. She would go calm call of a sudden but the very next moment she would screech, It made her afraid.

On the other side, Dev was going berserk. He rummaged through the house senselessly putting all the necessary accessories in a travel bag.

See, travel bag. What a caring husband.

All the others were informed of Sona's condition. Dev was too busy in his travel bag packing that all of them left to the hospital except him and Ishwari. Poor woman, her eyes moved to and fro as he ran from one corner to the other.

"Dev, we were to leave the first not the last,"Ishwari spoke with clear annoyance.

"What maa, it's been only two minutes why are you over reacting,"Dev huffed as he searched through the cupboard for his shirt.

"Two minutes?,"she giggled incredulously."It's been twenty minutes Dev and all the others have left for the hospital"

"What?"

"Yes, and mind you if you are a minute more late, I will go with the driver and leave you as well,"She warned him placing her hands in her hip.

Dev came rushing out if his room and walked down the stairs with a pace of three stairs a time. Ishwari sighed as she saw her son slipping now and then on the staircase with each of his 'three at once' step.

"Ready?,"She asked and Dev nodded. He grabbed his car keys and rode off with his mother.

---

"Doctor, please wait for a minute more I am sure he will come by then,"Asha pleaded the doctor who was rushing Sonakshi into the operation theatre.

"Mam, if is were a normal operation I can maybe allow this but, understand the situation your daughter is in the weakest pain and you can anytime expect your grandchild in this time I don't think you should take this risk,"He nodded at her curtly and took Sonakshi in.

"That man! For every lame thing he used to pop up an hour early and today during the most precious moment of his life, he is late. Shit man Dev,"Jeevan ran his hands on his head in frustration. Elena placed a hand in his shoulder and rubbed her hand trying to calm him down.

"Seriously?! Out of all situations... His wife is in timely aid of him. I just hope the delivery goes well," Bijoy paced around the corridor with his arms crossed and occasionally peeped at the entrance.

They were broken by their thoughts when the doctor came out if the theatre. The look on his face was not pleasing.

"Sir, has he arrived yet? The patient blood pressure is rising and I think his arrival might sooth her. High blood pressure is not good for both the mother and the baby," He spoke. worry crossed over everyone's face, Neha, Riya and Nikki sat around the idol of Ganesha in the reception area praying hard for the safe birth of their future nephew/niece and the welfare of their Bhabhi.