01 | Soon-to-be Parents.

01// Soon-to-be parents.

◆●◆

"Sir?"

"Come In," Dev hummed as he browsed through his latest file. His days at work are hectic, So are his days at home.

Nowadays, Sona is behaving quite oddly and for no particular reason. He accepts that her days at the hospital are hectic but, she has been arguing for everything. He chucked the thought away and tried to understand her situation but she was in no mood to have a one on one talk with him. Her mood swings affected Dev deeply that he started cursing himself for not keeping her happy.

His Assistant Tina was at the doorway with a tensed smile. Before he could ask her anything, she was pushed out of the entrance with a force that she would have landed herself on the ground if there weren't a chair.

Sonakshi barged through the room roughly though her face had a pleased smile surprising him. But one look at his assistant, Dev felt himself getting angry and clenched his fist.

"Sonakshi, is this a way to come in? You are a doctor yourself do you expect me to teach you manners?," He scoffed at her, his voice was dripping with irritation. He had had enough of her unnecessary rants and he wants the answer for each of that.

And this is the right time for that. He has to end it.

"I'm so sorry Tina," Sona moved to the dishevelled assistant and helped her stand on her feet. The assistant flashed her a weak smile and excused herself leaving them alone in the room.

"What is the matter Sona? Why are you behaving weird these days, I have been noticing for a while but you aren't giving me an answer. Am I the reason for your behavior? Tell me so that we can fix it, I just don't like you being grumpy all the time. No one does,"He sat beside her on the couch and held her hand over his.

Sona squeezed his hand and smiled at him brightly. She has been right all the while, and only she knows how much she had been waiting to tell him about this.

"Dev, I am so Sorry. I was just...you know lost over something that I couldn't understand what you were going through, I'm sorry again," She said. Her eyes were twinkling with some unsaid happiness and it wasn't unnoticeable by Dev.

"It's alright. But now please tell me what is bugging you and what is that you were lost in. You are making me curious"

She stared at him intensly, the atmosphere turned silent all of a sudden and he felt himself blown away by the intensity of her gaze. Is she hypnotising him?

"Dev, I...well I am not so good in putting forth anything so let's come to the point straight. A month before while I was on duty I started feeling odd things happening to me, I suddenly got an feel to eat pickles and you know how much I hate them. I brushed it off and went for lunch, at which I started feeling nauseous and it planted some doubts in my mind. I finished off my lunch and went straight to Kaira and said her about this. She advised me to check for a week and well..."

Dev felt his chest crashing with the news. He stared at her blankly unable to let the piece of information sink in.

"You--you mean..?," He stammered.

Sonakshi nodded as tears filled her eyes. She never saw that coming so soon.

"I'm pregnant"

Dev felt himself getting warm. It was overwhelming and he couldn't control the euphoria he was experiencing. He was going to be a father. His ears couldn't believe it.

"As in you carrying a child?," He choose the words correctly with a nervous face. His hands were trembling and it made Sonakshi break into a fit of laughter.