XXIX. Cthulhu

AN: The story will now transition into 3rd person POV. Mas maganda siya for this genre eh so maybe I'll edit the previous chaps soon but meh~ raw copy naman ito ieedit ko nalang pag napublish PAG napublish 😂

***

  The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live in a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age  

- H.P. Lovecraft, The Call of Cthulhu

***

Altria looked at the babies inside the tubes on the west wing of their laboratory. This was the nursery room and as of now, three babies were being made out of embryos from various wealthy families integrated with the Leventis DNA. The DNA of these children are manipulated since they were embryos brought by their own original bloodlines.

But even though they came from different families, their DNA transcript were the same. They are still products of the Leventis. Altria's children.

"My children" she whispered.

"You shall be raised by different families but you'll never be theirs, you'll forever belong to me or you'll be just couple of trashes like those children who betray their mother" she whispered as she touched the cold glass tube.

"However, no mother will ever reject her children even though they very much left her. I'm still missing three children, my precious babies were stolen from me."

"My darling Corvette, Helaena and Chaos were stolen from me" ikinuyom ni Altria ang mga kamay at tumingin sa salamin.

"Those traitors will pay for taking you away from me. However, let's see how they raised you."

Mula sa pinto ay pupungas pungas na pumasok si Yillis, donned on pink pajamas clutching a doll.

"Mother. Corviss left. He made such ruckus because he hijacked one of my new YL-9000 submarines. If he dies can I have his room?" tanong pa nito. Mariing napapikit si Altria.

"Have those been test-driven?" tanong ni Altria sa paslit na basta nalang naglakad sa loob ng laboratoryo at sumampa sa table saka tinitigan ang mga batang nasa loob ng tubo. Yillis was like them before.

"Nope. I was still in the process of tinkering with those I was about to test drive it on Rhode Island but creepy art-hungry people are there." She whispered at napangiti lang si Altria. Yillis was one of her gemstones.

The Leventis family were not only far advanced with the science of medicine and genetics. Yillis Leventis despite her age was a genius in creating submarines. Her latest invention, the YL-9000 can travel up to 3500 knots or 6482 kilometers per hour, even faster than the speed of sound underwater which travels 5800kph. The fastest submarine that the outside world boasted was still far from being completed, they postulated that it would match the speed of sound underwater once the feasibility of the transatlantic craft was possible in their own standards, but Yillis, a mere five year-old child created a far more advanced submarine in her time over the countless years the outside world spent in perfecting their craft.