XXVII. Something In Between

Ah~ I missed you my Leventis bastards.

Kria's POV

Corvette! sigaw ng isipan ko habang papalayo ako sa kanya at tangay ako ng nakababatang kapatid niya.

I know Chaos was going to get me to a safer place,  but I don't want that.

I'd rather be in a dangerous place with Corvette than to live in safety without him.

Kaya naman bumitaw ako kay Chaos ngunit---

"Hindi ito ang oras para idisplay mo ang katangahan mo Kria!  Pag bumalik ka doon magiging distraction ka lang sa kuya ko at kapag nawalan pa ulit ako ng kapatid dahil sa'yo,  I don't care about anything else. I'll kill you" anito. His eyes were burning with the same gray flame as his brother's.

"Corviss will kill you anyway if he defeats Corvette. So I'd rather kill you myself instead...  instead of seeing you be used by Corviss to ruin everything Corvette has." saad ni Chaos

What was happening?  Chaos seemed so... Different.

Sanay ako sa makulit na Chaos and I am used to his empty insults to mask his emotions. But the Chaos in front of me...

Is someone I don't know.

Was this why Hellene warned her about being too entangled with Corvette and Chaos' life.

Well it was too late now,  it's too late for me to turn back and I will never turn my back on Corvette anymore.

"He'll win" I said with conviction  "He'll never lose against someone like that.  I believe in him Chaos" saad ko at mataman lang akong nakamasid sa kanya

"And I won't cause you sadness anymore" dugtong ko, alam kong natatakot lang si Chaos para sa kapakanan ng kapatid niya, kaya naman ipinapangako kong---

"You always did. I regret meeting you. I regret knowing you. I regret everything in my life that concerns you" anito at hindi na ako nakapagsalitang muli. 

"Chaos..." tangka ko ngunit binitawan na niya ang kamay ko

"I don't even know why I'm doing this for you. I keep on convincing myself that I'm doing this for Corvette, to bring my brother back. But I guess I just have to accept the fact that my brother died, the moment my sister did." 

"I keep hoping that maybe, just maybe if I did these things, maybe a portion of his humanity will come back. Pero mali ako. Nothing will ever bring Corvette back, just like nothing will ever bring Helaena back. And the worse part is...I keep on feeling the pain whenever I realize how useless I am. I keep feeling the pain whenever I see him smile those fucking fake smiles! I keep remembering the coldness in his eyes! And I don't want that same coldness to corrupt you. Because I know that he can, without even meaning to"