XXVIII. Hayflick Limit

A/N: Corvette's story is a science fiction. Not romance. If you find some concepts vague, I suggest you do some readings and you can also ask me. But please do your readings first prior to asking me okay? Who knows you might enjoy the topic too ;) have fun!

________________________________________

***

  "Oh how wrong we were to think immortality meant never dying"
― Gerard Way, Our Lady of Sorrows

***  

Corvette's POV

I looked at Kria's sleeping form. She looked so peaceful under the sheets, her lashes were long...like that of a doll's.

"Exactly...like those of a doll's" like Helena's doll

I got up and went to the bathroom to fix myself. Sa harap ng salamin ay kong niyang muli ang aking kulay-abong mga mata. Ang mga matang isinumpa ng nagdaang panahon.

The eyes of the Leventis.

Ang pamilya kung saan ako nagmula. No, kung saan kami nagmula. Nagyagis ang mga ngipin ko as I saw my reflection.

Helena died because of that family! And now they're back?! Where were they when Helena and I got kidnapped?

The memories were flooding in again. Ngunit bago pa man magdilim ang paningin ko ay naramdaman ko ang pagsalo ng kung sino sa aking katawan.

Kria's arms supported me.

"Corvette..." she whispered.

"Why do you even bother staying with a monster like me?" I whispered.

"I'm not worthy of you Ayreen. I am fucked up, my life is twisted, I am a constant mess"

"Corvette...I told you. I don't care. I will stay with you, no matter how fucked up your life gets" she replied. As I clung to her, iginiya niya ako pabalik sa kama as she hastily wore a robe and got a glass of water for me to calm me down.

Pinagmasdan ko lang ito habang nakaupo siya sa tabi ko. Holding my hand.

"I have a story." Untag ko sa kanya as she looked up. Iniwasan kong tignan ang mga mata niya.

"I'll listen. No matter how twisted your story might get Corvette. So you don't need to hesitate. Hindi kita iiwan" saad nito. I smiled as I reached to touch her face, as she lovingly cradled my hands against her cheek.

Her warmth. Her eyes. I inhaled sharply saka ako sumadal sa headboard ng kama.

"We came from the long line of the Leventis." Panimula ko kahit na mistulang may bikig sa lalamunan ko

" A family of deranged braniacs who wished to control the world. But the ambitious world they wanted became their downfall." I laughed bitterly as Kria just squeezed my hands.

My mouth twitched into a mocking smile as bile formed in my mouth. Lalong nagyagis ang ngipin ko nang maalala ko ang balat ko. No scars, no marks. Not even a single trace of the wound that the fake Corviss inflicted on me.

"This is the proof how they defied the Hayflick Limit" I said as I showed her the area were the gaping wound was just moments ago.

Kria gasped as she looked at my skin.

"I was the perfected experiment." Patuloy na saad ko

"I held the answers to their ambitions, and they won't stop until they get me. But hell will freeze over before I allow them to. Look" I told her as I dug my nail on my skin enough to injure it, but just as how it appeared, it hastily disappeared on its own.