Bestfriends

"So where are your parents?" Stella asked tenderly as the last of their friends exited Jace's house. He waves goodbye as Sarah and Scott sped off in Scott's junky blue pick up truck. Jace turns back to Stella who is leaning against the wall in the hallway, her arms crossed and her hair hanging off her shoulders in a river of vermilion spewing down her chest and hooking around her back. Jace eyes her natural looking face, rid of any make up, replaced with a few freckles here and there. He bows his head and smiles to himself, feeling his face heat up and butterflies flutter in his stomach and his heart pang in his broad chest.

Stella does not seem to notice Jace blushing and continues to study his dark, curly locks falling in his face. "They are at some convention that my mom's favorite author is reading at. My dad scored her tickets for their anniversary." He revealed plainly. "So we are on our own for the whole weekend." He followed up.

They do not have school on Monday, it is some sort of random holiday that they get off. "Oh cool. So what are we doing tonight?" Stella asks curiously. Jace starts walking into the living room and then ascending up the stairs to the second level of their little town house.

"Uhh..." Jace mumbles as he seems to be thinking. "I don't know, what do you want to do?" He asks as he approaches his bedroom. He strides across the fuzzy tan carpet and plops down on his queen sized bed. She leans against his wall and he sits facing Stella standing in the doorway. He smiles gently and then clasps his hands together, intertwining his fingers.

She stares at him with ease as he sits there twiddling his thumbs. She smiles and then goes over to him and sits down on top of him and nestles her head into the space between his neck and his shoulder. "If it were up to me, I'd love to just do this." She whispers ever so softly into his neck. She gives him goosebumps. The hairs stand up on the back of his neck and on his arms. He stops twiddling his thumbs and embraces her and pulls her as close as humanly possible.

He gingerly pets her long hair with one hand and the other is placed on her upper thigh, holding her to his body. Her legs are crossed over his and his head is rested on hers. "Well I think that's certainly do-able." He whispers softly against her fruity scented hair. She hides a smile and curls her legs up close to his chest. He lays her down on his fluffy pillow and says, "I miss this Stel."

She feels an ache in her heart and frowns up at him. "I do too Jace." She says sadly. She sighs and closes her eyes for a few moments. The silence is comfortable, not awkward. It is nice to be lost in each other's slow breaths and dawdling heart beats. Jace leans over her and lowers his face to hers. Their noses barely touch. She opens her eyes and smiles a cheeky smile up at him. He lightly smiles and lowers his head even more. Their noses gradually slide against each other as their lips close in on each other. Jace's lips graze Stella's with an intense yet soft smack. She does not kiss back at first, letting his lips form the same shape as hers. Then she kisses back and wraps her arms around his neck. She sweeps her hand up and into his bay colored curly hair and brings him closer to her.

He gets more comfortable by laying down on his left side and propping himself up on his elbow as he continues to kiss Stella. He smiles through the kiss and she can't help but giggle. He stops kissing her and smiles down at her. "What?" He questions with a wide smile plastered across his face. His dimple alone simply melts her heart.

She giggles again and says, "I just thought of the time when I met your father for the first time." She smiles and traces her thumb across the outline of Jace's dimple.

He laughs and his adam's apple bobs up and down. "Oh yeah. That was such a nice introduction to my father." Jace's mind travels a couple years back in the past. Jace and Stella were just starting to get serious, as a couple, and they were kissing in Jace's room; much like they are now. It was escalating and while they were kissing, Mr. Morrison walks in Jace's room to ask what he wants for dinner. He was shocked when he saw his son canoodling with a girl on his bed. It was an embarrassing moment for all three of them. But after that Mr. Morrison and Stella became close, they accepted her as their own daughter. She was always coming in and out of the house like she lived there.