Intervention

Stella pads back into the carpeted basement and smiles at everyone as she shoves her phone back into her pocket. Everyone stares at Jace and he smiles at her and then gets up. He motions for her to come sit down on the chair that they were previously settled on. She smiles and then nods as she makes her way over to the giant green arm chair. Jace walks past her and stands in the middle of the room. He smiles and says, "Listen Stella. Your friends and I have something to say, and you may not like what we have to say but you need to hear it. And to be quite honest, this may alter things a little bit between us, but like I said, these things need to be brought to your attention." He pauses and Stella crosses her arms and furrows her eyebrows due to utter confusion. She pulls her knees to her chest in an insecure sort of way and Jace clears his throat before continuing. "Okay, so I noticed when you walked in the door, and I noticed when I gave you a hug. And I really can't bear to see it anymore. It hurts me and it hurts all of them to see you like this." He pauses and motions to all of their friends sitting in various spots on the carpet and some on the couch. Jace cracks his knuckles nervously and clears his throat once more, "I think that you know what I'm talking about Stel." He pauses once more and looks her in the eye, a deep and concerned look. "What actually happened when you moved to that new town? What happened to you? I worked so hard to keep you from slowly killing yourself and then a year later you come back like this? Why? Why did you do that to yourself?" Jace asks. He takes a step closer to her and everyone can tell that he is getting a little heated. His voice raises a little and his face turns into a light shade of pink. He raises his eyebrows, searching for an answer.

"I-I don't k-know Jace." Stella says quietly. He face turns white and she can feel herself slowly dying with Jace's disappointment resting on her shoulders. He is mad, he is really mad.

He shakes his head and takes another little step closer to her. "No Stel, come up with a better answer than that."

She hugs her knees closer to her chest and sighs. "Jace I already told you what happened. And I'm fine. I swear." Stella whispers softly. Jace narrows his eyes and bunches his eyebrows together, shooting her daggers.

"Alright then." I pauses and throws his hands in the air. "You hear that everybody? Stella is perfectly fine. Isn't it such a relief?" He announces with a hint of agitation and sarcasm in his throaty voice.

Sarah shakes her head and begins to rise up off the couch and out of Scott's arms. "Jace... Just relax okay?" She utters quietly trying to calm him down. He nods and clears his throat yet again, he does this when he is nervous.

"Alright. Stella, all I'm trying to say is that you need help. You need us, and we can help you. You just have to let us. It's not fair to you that those assholes made fun of you, or said things to upset you. It's not fair that they caused someone so beautiful so much pain. And it sucks. And it hurts me, and all of us to see you go through this. But you just have to let us help you." Jace finishes and looks at Sarah and the rest of the crew.

Sarah speaks up, "Jace is right Stella. You looked a lot healthier when you were here with us. Jace made so much progress with you a year ago, and I think he is angry that those guys just took that progress and all of that hard work away from you and him. And all we want is for you to be happy, and to live a long and happy life. And if you keep doing this to yourself then you won't live a long and happy life. I'm sorry to say that, but I guess the truth just needs to be shocked into you." Sarah bites her lips and Scott grabs her hand and gives it a quick squeeze.

"Yeah, you can't keep doing this to yourself. We're your friends, we're your family, we can help you. Right guys?" Scott says in a caring tone. Everyone nods and a chorus of "yes"'s fills the room as the group commits to helping their friend.

The silence is agonizing. They are all waiting for Stella to speak up, to say something, just one thing. She sits there and stares at the floor with extreme focus. She lets her legs down and stands up out of the chair.

Jace sucks in a quick breath and Stella glances at him with a questioning look. Everyone notices what Jace is staring at too. Through Stella's light gray long-sleeve shirt they could all visibly make out the outlines of her ribs. Her chest bobs in and out as she slowly breathes. "Dammit Stel." Jace whispers weakly. He takes his hands out from his pockets and quickly pulls her into an embrace. He sucks in a quick breath as he runs his hands through her long wavy hair. A few strands fall out and he lifts his head a little bit and looks at the rest of the group. He holds the strands of hair in his hand and hugs her tighter. He buries his head in Stella's hair and presses his lips against her ear and whispers so only she can hear, "Remember when you asked me to promise to never let you go? Well I promise you that, I'll never stop being here for you." As a silent tear slides down his cheek as he gazes at the rest of the group's faces. Their cheeks are white, eyes wide at the sight of Stella's hair falling out. Sarah gievs Jace a warning look. He shakes it off and continues to hug Stella tightly.

...

Oh damn. What's happppening?! AHHH! Haha please comment, it really would mean the world to me just to get like one comment. Thanks.