Just Friends?

Stella looks at Jace with a certain forlorn expression on her face. "Well they were the kind of guys who play sports, party hard, hook up with random girls, drink, and think they're cool because they make fun of people." Stella says gripping her mug carefully. Her hands shake a little bit. Jace nods, motioning for her to go on. "Well I was one of the people that they liked to make fun of, a lot."

Jace lowers and shakes his head. "Assholes." He muttered, Stella barely heard him. "So why were they being dicks to you? Like, what were they saying?" He investigates.

"Well first of all, their names. Nick, which is the guy I sorta kinda have, had, a thing with, but he isn't the bad guy. He was the only good one. He told them to stop picking on me and stuff. He's actually a really nice guy." Jace's eyebrows raise. "Then there is Cole, he is the biggest and meanest asshole you will ever, ever, ever meet. He gets quite horny when he's drunk too, pig. Tyler, he just torments people until their breaking point. Connor, he was mean to an extent, but he always would tell Cole when he crossed a line. They're all incredibly rich, their parents are really wealthy and very successful in their jobs so they don't really get in trouble." Stella names each of the guys while counting them out on her fingers. "They said all sorts of things last year. It was all just really hurtful." She says, hoping and praying that Jace doesn't ask what they were saying and how they made fun of her. She knows that he'll flip out.

Nick crosses his arms in a defensive sort of way and says, "Huh. So what kinds of things were they saying to you?" Dammit.

Stella sighs and spills the beans, "Well for starters they called me a ginger. Which is kind of lame, it's so over used and so extremely common." Jace smiles and shows his straight, immaculate teeth. She smiles back and continues with, "And they would just call me a nerd, and tell me I had no friends, and that I was a freak that no one wanted to talk to. Which I knew already." Jace tries to interrupt, but Stella proceeds faster, "Just the common bully sayings. And they called me fat and stuff, no biggie." Stella quietly says the last part of that sentence fearing he woulds just simply explode.

"First of all, you are a nerd. So they got that right. But you have friends, I mean, hello! Secondly, you are a freak, but you're a freak because no one knows your story so they don't know you. I think that if people aren't familiar with something, they fear it." Jace says. "Lastly, why the fuck did they say that Stella?" Jace proceeds to explode.

"It's fine now Jace, I swear. It's over." She says, trying to calm him down. Jace never swears, not like that at least.

"No it's not fine. When you left you were perfectly normal. Now you're just beyond way too small Stella. Do they fucking realize that? Did they even bother to actually look at you? Or did they just need something rude to say to you, just to start shit?" He freaks out in a serious tone. He talks with his hands a lot, right now his fists are balled up and his teeth are gritted.

Stella holds her hands up and says, "Whoa Jace. It's okay. I told Nick that I'd never forgive his friends for what they did." Jace takes a breath and leans back on the kitchen table.

"Stella it's not okay. Have you looked in a mirror lately? They did this! They made you worse. We made so much progress together Stel. You were finally starting to be you again. And now there is barely any of you left." Jace says sadly.

"I know Jace, I know. But I'm okay, really. It's better this way, seriously." Stella says patiently.

"Well when I drive down next weekend, I want to meet them." Jace says in a bitter tone.