This Is The Story of a Girl...

So it goes like this... This is the story of a girl who cried a river and drowned the whole world. It's a secret of hers. She is in a world of silence that screams so loud that it is deafening to anyone from the outside world. She is alone, totally secluded from anyone and everyone else in this world. Her life is not miserable, yet it is not upbeat. She is not depressed, nor truly happy. She is just, her. She is completely content with being alone, it is what she does best. Alone, as she paints the rest of her life on a blank, white piece of canvas. She strokes the material with ease and patience as she hums along to her instumental music in the background. She stations herself in the place that she has the air to breathe and plenty of oxygen to be able to think, yet clear her mind at the same time. She is on the roof of her farm house, looking down on the bench and the bird feeder in her front yard, and the long blades of grass that want desperately to be mowed. She ignores the crickets and the sharp sounds of nearby birds feasting on berries in the field. She focuses on her brush, and the pattern it makes on that canvas. She focuses on the amount of pressure that should be applied to the brush so that is makes the proper outcome. She dips the tip of her utensil in an ocean of blues and greens all mashed into one, then ever so gently begins over analyzing the amount of pressure that should be applied to the brush in order to get the outcome of desire. The swirling pattern makes her dream of a time when she was in that swirling ocean of blues and greens. She recalled every sense; the salt that seemed to sting her tongue with the sudden urge to gulp down a liter of water, the sound of the waves crashing on the shore with no mercy of whatever small insect may be in it's way, the way the water felt when she first stuck her little toe in to test the temperature, all of the rocks of every different size and many different shades of gray, and the foul odor that came from beneath the light colored sand, the sand that is seen and smelled if she dug too deep. The wind picked up a little as a few strands of her scarlet hair tickeled her nose. She brushed them out of her face and tucked them behind her ear. The air became colder and the leaves rattled along the driveway, scraping against each other making a sandpaper-like sound. The sky turns a flaming cantaloupe shade of orange. She smiles as she tenderly picks up a clean brush and gently runs the brush through the shade of orange on her pallet. She then brings the brush to the surface of the canvas and begins judging how much pressure should be applied to her piece and how many strokes it will take to make the texture look just right. The sun strikes every pore of the canvas and is absorbed through the material, while the warmth strikes her face and spanks the chill right out of her cardinal colored cheeks. Her hands become warm again as the muscles in her fingers loosen and fidget into place. She includes a little more yellow in her brush and begins to incorporate the luminating setting sun. The girl smiles as her portrait becomes worthy of being called picturesque. She glances at her watch as it reads ten past seven. She gathers her utensils, canvas, and stool one by one and steps through the open skylight window of her studio and cautiously meanders into the shelter of an imaginary land. She sets her canvas on a light colored wooden easel in the center of the room. She then rinses her brushes and lays them down on a towel to dry. The stool is placed at the base of the easel and then the skylight is closed and locked. She transitions from her world, to the real world as soon as she shuts the lights off and closes the door. The girl casually wanders down a flight of stairs and into a hallway and enters a different room. In this room is a woman who seems to ignore the sound of the three creaky wooden floor boards that the girl steps on and walks right by the woman. As was said before, she lives silently in our world, but her world is quite the opposite.

...

Hey Guys! What do you think so far? Feedback would be wonderful. I've written a lot of stories, but this one just seems to catch my attention the most and it's the first one that I've posted on this website. I just love it. And I'd love to hear what you guys think. Thanks! :)