Chapter 15: Spring Break part 2: The Party

Ross' POV

The ride home went well, even though I did not ride with Rachel.. My parents always throw a party this time of year. For no exact reason; my best guess would be because we have so much space in our backyard with a bar. We always invite the Greens to come, so Rachel and I figure this'll be the perfect time to tell our parents about our relationship. Hopefully Dr. Green doesn't go insane. I know how protective he is of his daughter. Which is understandable, because, I mean, have you seen Rachel? Sitting in my room, I imagine all the events that will soon be going on here.

Rachel's POV

Ross called me and told me to come over for the party early. Monica and I had already planned for me to stay the night at their house, much like every year in the past. The only difference is that this year, I'll be in the same house as my boyfriend. Hopefully our parents take this well.

I pack all my things, go downstairs and kiss my dad on the cheek. "Bye mom, bye, dad!" I say as I'm almost at the door.

"Why are you leaving so soon, Rachel?" Mom asks, "your father and I have hardly seen you since you've been home!"

"Mon called," I said, "she wants me to come over early and help decorate. Or something like that." I laugh softly. "I'll see you guys at the party. Love you!" I say before running out the door and hopping into my convertible, driving off to Monica's house.

Once I get there, I see that they've opened the pool, (good thing I brought my bikini) have tables and chairs set up with a big tent, and notice the DJ setting up his music. I can tell this party is going to be the best one the Gellers have thrown.

I go inside and see Monica making lemonade in the kitchen. I go over and hug her. "Hey, babe," I say and she turns around.

"Hey!" Monica exclaims. "What are you doing ere so early?" She asks. "I thought you were coming with your parents."

"That was the original plan, but your brother called me and now I'm here." I smile. "Where is he?"

"I'm not sure," Monica says. "Can you put this in the fridge?" she asks, handing me the pitcher of lemonade. I put it away and we sit at the kitchen table talking a while.

Just then, someone wraps their arms around me. I turn around and see Ross smiling at me. "Hey, you," I say.

He kisses me on the cheek and sits down. "Here you are!" he says.

"Here I am," I say, "how come you wanted me here so early?"

"Why not?" he smirks.

"Because I have parents that have missed me." I try to explain. He just ignores me.

"Lets set up the tables and things and get a little swim in before the party starts." Monica suggests.

We set up then hang out in the pool for a while, then Mon and I lay in the sun. A while later, I go to change, and when I come back, my parents and sister Jill are at the door. I let them in and lead them to the backyard. "Monica's parents are somewhere over there," I point to where I last saw them.

"Thanks, sweetheart," my mom says.

After a while, we all decide to play badminton in the side yard where Monica has a bet set up. The teams are my sister and I and Ross and Monica. Before my one serve, Jill comes over to me. "So do you know if Ross has a girlfriend?" she asks.

"I think he does, Jill. I'm sorry." No I'm not. I serve and Jill goes over to her spot. Monica and Ross finally win after playing five games.

(...)

"The party should be ending soon," Monica says to Ross and I, laying by the pool, watching the setting sun. We both sigh happily and walk over to our parents.

"Mom, dad..." we both say in unison. They look over at us smiling.

"Hi kids.. what are you up to?" Mrs. Geller asks.

"We kind of have something to tell you guys," I say.

"Well spit if out, Rachel!" My dad says. He's not very patient.

"Rachel and I are an item," Ross said smiling. I giggled slightly at his using of the phrase "an item". Our parents have a shocked expression on their face as we await their responses.