Chapter 8: Bad Timing

(Rachel's POV)

Monica and I are nearly ready to meet the boys at the movies. We're both dressed casually in sweaters and jeans with our usual big hair.

We arrive earlier than planned, so we bought our tickets and waited. I was walking around the theatre, looking at posters for upcoming movies. I felt a tap on my shoulder. Assuming it's Ross, I turn around. "Hey, you," I say sweetly. It wasn't Ross, though. It was Chip. My ex-boyfriend. Great.

"I've missed you," he says and kisses me. That's when I saw Ross from the corner of my eye. He looks so upset. I push Chip out of the way. "Jerk!!" I yell and try to run to Ross.

"Ross!" I yelled, "Ross, wait!" He stopped for a second, looked back at me, and kept walking. I couldn't catch up to him and before I knew it he'd left. I walked slowly over to Monica and Chandler.

"What was that about?" Monica asked, "why'd Ross leave?"

A tear rolled down my cheek. "Chip. He's such an ass! I was walking around over there, and he tapped my shoulder. I assumed it was Ross so I turned around. Then Chip kissed me. I was trying to push him away, but Ross saw me kissing him and I guess that's why he left." I sobbed into Monica's shoulder and she pulled me into a hug.

"It'll be alright," Monica comforted, "you'll work this out."

"How do you know that, Mon?" I question.

"Because he loves you. Now let's go see our movie and not think about it. Okay?" She said.

"Okay," I said. "Thanks."

(Ross' POV)

I can't believe it! the girl I've loved since the 9th grad was kissing her ex-boyfriend. She broke up with him because he's a jerk! Why is she kissing him? I sit in my car thinking. I decide to go back to my dorm and watch TV. Of course there's nothing on, so I just sit it the dark, thinking.

About three hours later Chandler comes back from the movies. He turned on the lamp and sat next to me. "What happened to you before? You just up and left!" he asks.

"I saw Rachel kissing her ex-boyfriend." I stated.

"Ross, she told us what happened. He kissed her and she pushed him away." he said.

"Maybe, but how do I know she was telling the truth?" I ask, unconvinced.

"Ross, she was bawling her eyes out. Monica and I couldn't get her to calm down!"

"Now you're just making me feel bad," I sigh.

He pats my back in a sort of "that's the point" way and went to bed.

I started thinking Chandler may be right. I still don't know. I decide to listen to the radio and "With or Without You" by U2 comes on. I start thinking of Rachel again, and fall asleep thinking I might just be the stupidest guy alive.

_____________________________________________________

Hi, guys! Sorry for the short update.. Anyway, thanks for reading and comments always make my day so get on that! Haha. Much love, Morgan