Chapter 4: Let's Talk

(Rachel's POV)

I wake up to find a note on the fridge. 

I read the note:

                           "Rach, meet me in the cafe at noon. -Monica"

I look at the time: 11am. I do a simple up-do, brush my teeth, and put on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. I can't stop smiling.

I walk down to the cafe and see Monica sitting at a table. I walk over and sit. "Hi, sweetie," I say.

"Tell me about last night!" Mon demands.

"Well, he took me to this nice Italian place where we confessed our feelings for each other and shared a cheesecake." I pause.

"Oh my God! What did you say?" she asks

"Well, I told him that after I broke up with Chip, I realized he was a great guy and that I had feelings for him. Then he told me that he had a huge crush on me since he was in 9th grade." I said.

"Then what?" Mon asks, eyes wide.

"Then I kissed him." I squeal.

"Oh my gosh! Then what?" she asks.

"We went for a walk in the park and he asked me to be his girlfriend.-"

Mon cut me off. "You said yes, right? Tell me you said yes!"

"I said yes!" I tell her.

She stands up from her seat and comes over and hugs me. "Honey, that's great!" she exclaims.

"I know!" I say, laughing.

(Ross' POV)

I woke up thinking about the fact that Rachel is my girlfriend. I never thought in a million years that Rachel would agree to be my girlfriend! I get ready for the day, and head to the cafe, hoping to find Chandler, because he never came 'home' last night. 

I walk into the cafe as Rachel and Monica are leaving. They're both smiling. I love seeing them happy. "Hi, guys!" I say, and wink at Rachel.

"Hey, Ross!" Monica says.

"What are you guys doing today?" I ask.

"we don't have classes until next Monday, so we'll probably have a girls' day. Go shopping and watch some movies." Monica says

"Cool, have fun!" I say, and then pull Rachel closer to me. "Hey, you," I say and kiss her on the cheek.

"Hi," she says and smiles sweetly.

"I had fun last night." I tell her.

"I did too, thanks." she says.

I see Monica getting antsy, so, "I guess you better get back to Mon." I say.

"Yea, I'll call you later, sweetie." Rachel says.

"Okay, can I steal a kiss first?" I ask

"Sure, but it's not stealing if you ask first," she jokes. I kiss her and watch her walk away. She's lovely.

I grab something to eat, and see Chandler and sit next to him. "Hey, man. Where were you last night?" I ask.

"Well I figured you'd bring Rachel home, so I stayed at Billy's." he says.

"Hey, I don't sleep with girls on the first date. And Rachel doesn't either. And it wasn't technically a date, because I didn't ask her to be my girlfriend until the end of the night." I explain

"You did kiss her though, right?"

"I did,"

"Tongue?"

"Yeah."

"Nice, dude. I'm going out with Billy. We're going to the movies and looking for girls." Chandler says and walks away.

(Rachel's POV)

Mon and I are about to watch Breakfast at Tiffany's. I just love this movie. Audrey Hepburn is so pretty and the hats she wears are just awesome. Just when her character is getting drunk, the phone rings. "I'll get it," I announce. It's probably Ross, anyway.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Hey, you." I was right; it is Ross.

"Hey, you! I was going to call you in an hour. We're watching Breakfast at Tiffany's." I say.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know. You can call me back." He says.

"No, it's fine. I've seen this movie hundreds of times. I'd rather talk to the dashing man on the other end of this phone." I say

"Good. Hey, when do you think we can have our first official date?" He asks. 

"Hmm, I don't know. I'd say now, but it's late, and I'm not dressed." I say.

"Well what about tomorrow around 5?" Ross asks.

"5? That's kinda early." I say

"Yea, I know. But I have an idea." he says.

"Okay then. Sounds perfect." 

"Okay, great. I'll call you tomorrow morning." he says.

"Okay, I'm gonna go watch the rest of the movie." I say.

"Bye, sweetie."

"Mwah!" I say and hang up.

"Who was that?" Mon asks, looking at the TV.

"Ross," I say, cuddling close to Monica.

"What'd he want?"

"He wanted to take me out tomorrow for our first official date," I tell her. We watch the end of the movie, and go to sleep.

(Ross' POV)

Tomorrow's my first date with Rachel. I'm just so excited. I'm going to take her back to the Italian place for an early dinner, then bring her back to my dorm and watch a movie. Her pick. I'm gonna tell her to bring some comfy clothes so she can be comfortable while we watch the movie. I think that'll be fun.

Chandler comes in. "Hey, man." he says.

"Hey, get any girls?" I ask, already knowing the answer.

"Nope! I asked one out, then she laughed and walked away." he says.

"How nice, I'm going to bed, oh, and my first official date with Rachel is tomorrow, and I'm bringing her here after dinner, so," I say.

 "I'll stay with Billy again." he says.

"Thanks, man." I say and go to bed.