thirteen

i'm so sorry it's taken me so long to update this book i just had the worst writers block for this story and i've also been so swamped with course work. i hope you lovelies still read this lol. 💞

—————

"I'll be down in a second," Liam calls out, his voice wavering as he stands up from the bed and runs his hands through his hair nervously. He looks down at Zayn, who hasn't moved an inch and is still staring wide eyed at Liam because Dylan said Jack was here, inside the house and that turns something in Zayn. Why is Liam's ex husband inside the house right now and why are they early?

"Fuck, baby. You- you have to hide, yeah? Please, just-" Liam cuts his sentence off when he hears Dylan's voice call out to him again and then footsteps on the staircase seconds later. Liam has frozen in shock at the sound but Zayn just barely manages to completely cover himself under the duvet with his face pressed into the pillow as Liam's bedroom door flies open. He holds his breath and tries not to move to much even though he knows it is obvious there is somebody underneath the blanket.

"Dad, I have-" Dylan's sentence completely wavers off until it is completely silent in the bedroom with only breathing heard. "I- uh, I'm sorry, I didn't know you had company. I- I'll just- um, I'll be downstairs."

Before Liam can even reply to him, Dylan is racing out of the room before murmuring is heard downstairs where Zayn's pretty sure Dylan is telling his other dad about Liam's company. Zayn doesn't move from where he is laying until Liam reaches out to him and tries to turn him over. He's met with Liam's wide brown eyes staring down at him. "Did he- did he know it-"

Liam shakes his head slowly, "No, your- only your hair was visible to him so- I don't think he knows that one of his classmates is in my bed right now." He says quietly before muttering curses under his breath. Zayn frowns at the way the older man describes him as a classmate of Dylan's.

"I'll be right back okay? I–," Liam stops his sentence and just stares at Zayn. He opens his mouth to speak but no words come out so he shakes his head and turns around before heading downstairs, making sure to shut the door behind him.

Zayn stares in shock at the empty space where Liam was standing before he's getting out of the bed and slipping on his clothes. He walks towards he closed bedroom door, his hand resting on the doorknob but he stops himself before he can turn it. He wants to open the door just so he can hear whatever it is they're talking about downstairs but he really doesn't want to risk getting caught by Dylan.

He turns around to go and sit on the bed but he freezes in his tracks when he hears loud laughter coming from downstairs. He frowns before letting out a huff and walking back towards the bedroom door. He slowly turns the knob and opens the door an inch, sticking his head out and listening carefully to the conversation downstairs.

"–obviously didn't mean it like that, since it looks like you have yourself a boyfriend or something dad." Zayn bites his lips at Dylan's words, wishing he could see all of their faces, hoping that Liam's has a grin on his face and that ex husband of his has a frown on his face.

"You're seeing someone?"

Zayn obviously knows Jack was the one to ask that so he rolls his eyes when he hears the shock in the man's voice. Yes, he is. Zayn waits for Liam to confirm that he is definitely seeing someone.

"That's– that's not important right now. I just– what is this event that you want us to attend together, Dylan?" Zayn frowns because Liam never confirmed that he was in a relationship and because of the words he's just said. Attend together?