forty

uM thank you guys so much for making this story #1 in the ziam tag ??? holy shiiiiit ??? i love all of you so so much 😭💘

— — — — —

Last night's dinner with his parents was not as nerve wrecking as Zayn thought it would be.

Of course, his parents made sure to ask all the appropriate questions that Zayn already knew were coming. Although he really wanted to whine about his parents — mainly his dad — asking so many questions, Zayn knew it was the wisest decision to let them ask their questions. Then, they would get to know Liam more which in return would lead to them accepting Liam and their relationship.

It wasn't smooth in the beginning though, Zayn remembers trying to silently tell his father to cool off with the amount of questions he kept asking Liam. All of which had to do with Liam's age or their relationship in general ("Why do you want to date my son?").

Liam though, was more than prepared for the questions he knew were coming. He knew before their dinner with Zayn's parents was even scheduled that they would have many questions for him.

He had been feeling so weird lately after calling Lauko and telling him the news that he couldn't adopt the baby. Even though Lauko understood everything, it still made Liam feel bad and selfish almost. This dinner, even though Liam knew it wasn't going to be easy, was the perfect distraction for him to stop thinking about that situation with Lauko.

He made sure his answers were as honest and sincere as possible. Liam knew that Zayn's parents may have already been skeptical about him in the first place because of their age difference and he understood that — he told them as much also.

("I know our age difference isn't the most ideal and I understand that you may have worries or doubts about me. I just — I want you to know that I care for Zayn, so much. I've made sure that dating me was really what he wanted. As much as we both tried to deny our feelings for one another, we have chemistry together and — I promise to respect Zayn and his wishes always.")

Zayn had no doubt that Liam would win his parents over and by the end of the night — he did. His parents were so very fond of Liam and that made him so happy. Though the dinner started out awkward and a bit rocky because of his dad's skepticism of Liam, by the end both his mom and dad were very happy for Zayn and to have finally met Liam.

Now, Zayn was currently getting ready for a date night with Liam for the older man's birthday. They were going out for dinner at a restaurant Zayn didn't even know how to pronounce but he knew it was fancy.

Liam was waiting downstairs for him, dressed and ready for their date and celebration. Zayn who's been so excited all day has made sure to dress as perfect as he could for tonight. He wanted the night to be special for Liam — his present is hiding in the closet for later.