thirty eight

Zayn lets out a sigh and looks pointedly at Harry, who's just staring at him with a stoic expression on his face and his arms crossed over his chest. He's sitting on his bed — back to the headboard as Zayn lays sprawled across the edge of his bed.

"What?"

Harry just shakes his head before opening his mouth and narrowing his eyes. "Almost two whole weeks that I haven't seen you and this is what you have to say to me."

He knew his best friend was going to feel some type of way after Zayn told him about his meeting with Louis later today. Zayn just thought that he should really tell him about it — let him know before he somehow found out by someone else.

"I need to do it, Haz. Get it over with so I can just move on from it, don't want to keep holding this grudge. I really just want to move on from all of that shit already," He explains softly — frowning when Harry narrows his eyes at him again.

His friend stays silent while he stares at him with narrowed eyes. He finally lets out a sigh before looking at Zayn with a understanding look.

"I get it," He mumbles, frowning as he looks down at his bed. "I just — wish you told me sooner so — I could go with you."

Zayn shakes his head immediately, "It's — that's why I didn't tell you sooner."

Harry looks at him with furrowed brows.

"I didn't — I just don't think you're completely ready to see him and talk to him, alone," Zayn tells him honestly.

It's completely true though — Zayn wasn't even sure he should have told Harry in the first place that he was going to talk to Louis. He decided against it though — knowing he should tell his best friend about it because he deserved to know.

That didn't mean that Zayn wanted Harry to accompany him to meet with Louis. Not only did Zayn really just need to do this by himself but he also knew it wasn't time for Harry to see Louis alone yet.

No matter how much Harry tried to play it cool and deny still being upset with Louis — Zayn knew better. He knew that Harry still had so much pent up anger towards the blue eyed boy.

"How am I not ready?" Harry snorts and shakes his head as he looks at him with disbelief.

Zayn sighs. "Haz it's — I know you're still not over everything he did to you. Which — you shouldn't be don't get me wrong, but — that also means you're still vulnerable around him."

Harry stays quiet so Zayn decides to continue. He knows that even though Harry may understand now where Zayn's going with this, his best friend still needs to actually hear it.

"I don't want you to forgive him so easily — just because you're vulnerable. I don't want you to do anything with him that you'll regret when you're clear headed and not filled with emotions," Zayn tells him.

That was the problem with them before — Harry forgiving Louis and letting him get away with everything so easily. He doesn't fault Harry for it because he knows how in love Harry was with Louis and knows that the curly haired boy forgave him way too easily.

Harry lets out a quiet sigh and looks up at Zayn with watery eyes. "You're right, I know that I just—"

He cuts himself off to shake his head and bite his bottom lip. "I just want to know why he never wanted to just — fucking be with me."