chapter 11

JAMES POV*

"It's perfect!" she said excitedly as she walked around the 8 foot tall Christmas tree in front of me. looking at her I could hardly believe the events that have transpired in the past few days.

She was mine.

Forever.

It was still hard to believe that it was real. But even with all of that it was still hard to ignore the nagging feeling that was growing in the pit of my stomach. Something bad was going to happen. And soon. But my only concern now was Sam and her safety. Caleb would never touch her again. after hearing about all the things he had done to her my wolf was constantly on edge, as was i. demanding some kind of retribution for the treatment of our mate.

"Don't you think so James?" she said looking at me, smiling softly. I could tell she was still worried too. But she had given me her trust, I told her I would keep her safe and I was determined to live up to my word. Putting a smile on my face I decided to push away those feelings and just enjoy today.:

"Absolutely." I agreed, grabbing her and pulling her close to me, needing her touch to calm my wolf.

"You should call your sister and the boys; see if they want to come to our house instead. I can cook us dinner, and we can decorate the tree?" she asked hopefully. But the one thing I was still stuck on was how she used the phrase 'our' when talking about the house. I realized now exactly how much I liked the sound of that.

"Sure." I said, before kissing her passionately, causing her to blush once she realized we were stil in the middle of a crowded store.

I walked a few steps away from her and dug into my pocket to retrieve my phone, dialing Julie's number.

"Hello?" she answered, sounding out of breath.

"Are you okay?" I asked concerned.

"Yeah. Uh.. fine, whats up?" she asked sounding nervous.

"Sam wanted me to call you, she wants you and the guys to come over to our house, shes buying a Christmas tree, and wants us to decorate it and have dinner." I told her, hearing her muffled speaking as she covered the phone and began talking to someone else.

" who is with you?" I asked, now confused.

"noone." She answered to quickly. " that sounds fine James. What time?" she asked, clearly uncomfortable with our conversation.

"four sound good?" I asked her.

"yup. See you them!" she answered, ending the phone call.

"that was weird" I muttered to myself as I walked back to Samantha who was currently filling up a cart with different colored decorations for the tree. walking up behind her I wrapped my arms around her waist. Loving the feel of her body against mine and the tingles that it cause to erupt all over my body.

"almost ready?" I asked her.

"yeah. But I have to stop by the diner on the way home though. Jane called me worried out of her mind." She said while looking at a big pack of gold and silver bulbs for the tree.

"no problem." I said. " when is your next shift anyways?" I asked wondering how she was going to take my next statement.

"Why?" she asked now turning to look me in my eyes. Her bright blue orbs staring deeply back into mine.

"well I was just wondering what day would be besdt to go and get the rest of your stuff.": I said now rubbing the back of my neck nervously.

" my stuff?" she asked.