chapter 7

*JAMES POV*

Walking down Sam's driveway to my truck I couldn't help but let a smile stretch across my face. Tonight had been perfect. I was so worried about taking her to my house. thinking that she would get the wrong impression.

Once I turned out of Sam's driveway my phone rang.

"hello?" I answered after only two rings.

"James. We need you at Olivers.." Was Kadens quick response.

"what's going on?" I asked him, panicking at his tone of voice.

"the rogues back. And he's not alone this time." He said.

Without replying I flipped my phone shut and pressed on the accelerator. Within 3 minutes I was pulling into Olivers driveway. Slamming my door shut, I began running towards forest where I could hear a mixture of yelling and snarling.

Once I arrived I took in the sight before me. Kaden, Lucas Ben and Oliver all stood in a line facing the three rogues in front of them. The first was the young boy I had seen before, with two wolves flanking him at each side.

" Hello Alpha" he said, a smirk breaking free on his face. His condescending smile and attitude making it hard for me not to rip his throat out here and now.

"state your business rogue." I said, letting all of my authority seep through into my voice, making the other two wolves shrink back slightly. I could tell it was hard for them not to bow there heads in respect once they seen me, making me aware of the fact that they musdt not have been rogue for long.

" I told you before. I was looking for someone. And now that I know shes here, I wish to take her and leave. Then you will never see us again." he said simply shrugging his shoulders like it was the simplest thing in the world.

"you honestly expect me to let you just come into my territory, take an innocent person, and leave?" I asked, dumbfounded.

"its a human." He said in a 'duh' tone. It was then that something clicked. I knew seeing him outside Sams house wasn't just a coincidence that night.

"you said she. Who is this human you have been looking for?" I asked. My palms sweating in anticipation. Before he replied, I already knew the answer.

"Samantha. Samantha Davis" he said lightly. That was all it took for me to see red. Within a second I was running full force at him, intent on killing him once and for all. Only to have Kaden stop me in my tracks, stepping in front of me.

"well well well...someone has a soft spot I see." The rogue said, chuckling lightly. " I'm sure he will get a kick out of this." He said turning his head, addressing the two wolves behind him.

"move." I said lowly.

He gave me a questioning look. Him being my Beta, many times meant him keeping the peace, as an alpha my restraint was minimal, so in situations like these it was his job to keep a cool head and assess situations. Something that my wolf had a hard time doing.

'she is my mate' I said, using the pack link this time. Once I spoke the words his eyes tightened. His demeanor becoming one of a protective male wolf, instead of my beta, best friend, and mediator. I always had an inkling that he had found his mate, yet he never spoke of it. Now fully understanding the situation, he moved to the side, flanking my right. Lucas and Ben flanked my left, while Oliver stood to the back, silently fuming, trying to control the inevitable change threatening to take over him at the mention of Sam, and her safety being threatened.

"who sent you here?" I asked. My body still shaking with rage.

" well 'alpha'" he said putting a sarcastic emphasis on the word. " I do believe that's none of your fucking business!" he said laughing.

This time when I charged there was know one to stop me and within a second I had him up off of the ground, holding him by only his neck. The others had already let the change come over them. Holding off the other wolves from attacking.

" this is the last time I will ask boy. Who sent you here?" I repeated. Squeezing his airway more with each word I spoke.

" another rogue... he... paid us...." He choked out.

"WHAT IS HIS NAME?" I yelled. My canines lengthening, my control was slipping more and more by the second.

" Caleb....Caleb Simpson... some big shot from New York.." he said, his face now turning blue. Once I decided I had gotten enough information from him I dropped him roughly to the ground. Realizing I could control the situation better with him alive, rather than in pieces at my feet, I hunched down menacingly, my eyes turning to there golden brown color.

"you will go back, tell him you found nothing, and never return do you understand me?" I sneered. He only nodded before quickly standing up, changing into the small brown wolf from before, and running off into the trees. Standing up slowly I turned my attention back to the four men behind me.

"Lucas" I said calmly. " go to Samanthas house. you will not let her out of your sight until one of us comes to relieve you from your post understood?" I said, watching him nod his head in response before taking off thru the trees in the direction of her house.

Once I made my way to the house I immediately went to Olivers office. Sitting down in the chair I quickly grabbed the phone. Knowing what had to be done.

Caleb Simpsons name was not one I hadent heard before. Him and his father were well known in the werewolf world. And not for any good reasons.

Caleb Simpson was the closest thing you could get to having an Alpha in the rogue world. By being cutthroat and ruthless, he would pay some to do his work for him, others he would scare into it. Promising freedom in the end, only to be killed once there part was done. This is how he always avoided prosecution. No witnesses, no loose ends, no crime.

Letting out the breath I hadent realized I was holding I ran my fingers through my hair before dialing the number on the phone.

"do you not know what time it is douchebag?" was the greeting I got after 4 rings.

" well hello to you to Julie." I said

"once again. do you no know what time it is douchebag?" she repeated. " what is so important that you had to call me at 2 in the morning?" she asked, sounding irritated, but more awake non the less.

"I need you to come here. To Olivers for a while. Do you think you could do that?" I asked her.

" what the hell is going on James? Are you okay?" she asked worriedly.

" I just need your help. Please Jules?" I pleaded, not able to keep up my strong façade any longer. Knowing that my sister was the only one right now who I could let my walls down two without seeming weak.

"I can be there in 4 hours." She said, the sound of rustling In the background telling me that she was already out of bed and packing. My sister was one of my best friends, and someone that I could trust to help protect sam. Being one of the best fighters in my pack along with having alpha blood made Julie Kentworth a force to be reckoned with. That along with her fiery ' take no bullshit' personality that made her a great adversary.

"thank you" was my mumbled response before I hung up. Deciding that I wasn't going to get any more sleep tonight I left the house in search of Lucas. Hoping that being close to my mate would ease my mind. Also knowing that tomorrow I would find out exactly how Sam knew Caleb Simpson.

I know its short, but I promise more within the next few days! I hope you enjoy!

And as always please..

VOTE!!

COMMENT!!!

FAN!!!!

Thank you so much to those who always do! You know I love it!

-k xoxoxoxo