Chapter Fourteen--Mark--New Friends

I walked into the Hermes cabin, smiling at the mismatched decor. Now that I looked at it again, it seemed nice. Before, it had just seemed a bit sloppy.

I showed Sean where my bed was. He asked to have the lower bunk, and I agreed and moved mine.

A boy walked into the cabin. His wavy brown hair was ruffled, and his entirely black outfit and angry stare made me move my eyes away before he noticed me.

Unfortunately, he tapped me on the shoulder. "Excuse me," his voice was gravelly, like he had been crying. "Have you seen my friend Phil? He's a little shorter than me, with black hair and blue eyes?"

I pointed over to said boy, who was sitting on his bunk. The first boy's eyes brightened, and his gaze softened. "Thanks," he said, before running over to join his friend. The two hugged and chattered for a minute, before the first boy walked over again. "Thanks again," he muttered. "I'm Dan." I smiled at him. "I'm Mark." I gestured to Sean, who was looking at them. "And this is Sean."

"I'm Phil," said the boy with black hair.

"Are you British?" Sean blurted. I hadn't realized it, but now that Sean said it I heard the accent.

"Yeah," Dan said nodding. "And you're Irish, aren't you?" Sean nodded. "Cool."

There was an awkward silence.

"This is too awkward for my taste," Phil said. "Plus I think I have training. It was really nice meeting you Mark and Sean." Phil waved at us and walked out the door.

Dan waved too, then followed.

I turned to Sean. "Training?"

He shrugged. "Heck if I know."