Chapter fifty four

Dangerous company

"Only years after the Mikaelsons were turned, they seeked refuge in the lord De'Martels  castle

"Only years after the Mikaelsons were turned, they seeked refuge in the lord De'Martels  castle. I'm sure you've heard of such stories Avangaline. But I did not go unscathed from helping the family, and nor will you.

"I had bestowed my love for the lady Aurora, a woman that was too far out of my own reach. And Niklaus knew of such things. He had taken her away from me after I had gave the family so much.

"And in return, when Tristan believed I was the man Aurora had fell for- not Niklaus -I was tortured. And albeit, Nik had tried to save me from the demon inside of Tristan de'Martel. He was the reason I was in so much agony to begin with.

"And Tristan, did what had happened so many a time to these men. He ripped my skin from cheek to cheek, and killed me with no remorse. Every person to gain aid from the mikaelsons, dear O'Connell sisters, it will all end in death."

*****

They had been talking for what seemed like hours, batting words back and forth in some sort of plight to understand the mind of Lucien Castle.

"You're an intelligent man, so I won't insult you. But what I do want to know is, why you wanted to speak to me?" Ava observed, her hands delicately placed on the table.

"Is it because I know Klaus? Do you still blame him?" Ava questioned, her voice never faltering. Lucien laughed, dropping his head back as he found a sort of amusement.

"Oh now I know why Klaus is so taken with you. You're inquisitive Ava, such a delicious mortal mind. That I almost want to bed you myself." Lucien chuckled suggestively, taking her hand and acting as if his touch gave a sense of comfort to her.

"The truth is, I know you have Klaus' ear, and I need him to trust me. As for your claim that I blame him for my ancient wounds, well, time heals all wounds, and my wounds healed a thousand years ago."

****

"The night the mikaelsons found out of their extensive amount of power, was the night I truly became immortal.

"It was not Tristan who had murdered me as such, but it was Niklauses blood that healed me though he did not know it would. And as my wounds healed from the blood that seeped through my skin from a dirtied blade that I had plunged into the originals stomach, I believed I was just like him.

"Although I was not. But I wanted revenge and as I wanted to destroy my betters, a knife was plunged into me before I could kill Tristan. And so I died for a little while."

*****

The memories flooding through Luciens mind unravelled an entire community set to harm the original family.

Ava was stunned at the amount of trauma that had shaped Lucien to be the man who wore his face to that day. And as they all reeled from his stories, Avas hand shuddered from his enclosed grip.

"Unlike my enemies, I have nothing to gain from these attacks." He commented as he fell back in his chair.

Ava and Cami shared a look for a moment before even contemplating, more millennial old vampires were traipsing through the city.

"Who are you're enemies?" Ava almost demanded, watching the humourless laugh sift past the vampires lips.

"Now, isn't that the question we should be asking,  and how fortunate that I know the answer." Before Lucien could declare his innocence by framing another, the door flung open and an alarmed original stood by the doorway.

"Id have thought your time with me would inspire a more careful selection of the company you keep." Klaus spat as he strode toward the youngest O'Connell and all but pulled her toward the exit.

Ava yanked her arm from the strenuous grip he held, ignoring the humoured laughs from the chairs.

"We are leaving Ava." Klaus informed the girl, attempting to push her toward the exit. But she was far too stubborn to be swayed before she found out who was killing the innocent people.

"He knows who the killer is, Nik." Ava retorted, nudging her head toward the man who was slouched in his chair.

"Whatever Lucien has told you today, love, has most certainly been a lie." Klaus declared, his glare on the brunette.

"Oh come on, Nik. Why would I lie?" Lucien moaned like a child to their father. Klaus cocked an eyebrow, following his new train of thought and stepping toward the man in questioning.

"For the same reason you lied about avoiding a werewolf bite, when Elijah saw it with his own eyes. This ends now!" His tone was sharp and menacing, his gaze piercing into the man as Cami ambled over to her sister.

"Then you're giving Tristan the victory he so desires. He is the guilty one." The room fell silent after the introduction of Tristan, Klaus' glare faltering. He turned to see the confused girls by the doorway, still a subtle anger that Ava had put herself in danger yet again.

"I'm going to need a word with Lucien, in private."

•••

98.9k!

This was a confusing scene to write, so I hope it's okay when reading it.

I would like to announce the two coinciding books debuting on my profile:

Shooting stars: Mon'el

And

Hidden heroes: Peter Parker.

The latter will be up in the following days, please check them out

Shout outs:
@TheSnowboarderGurll
@lovereading247
@jewelshickman
@0AwkwardPotatoes0
@ezza310
@IWWEROMANREIGNS
@Lola2108
@elegantile
@hemmings_luke96
@PollyMarvel24

Please vote, comment, and add to those lovely reading lists.

Sorry for any mistakes,

Thank you for reading.