Chapter sixteen

Daddy issues

Ava sighed, her head quickly darting side to side to see if she could decipher his whereabouts

To no luck, due to her unheightened eye sight or hearing, nothing was apparent to her other than the dozens of trees foreboding her exit.
She hated it, but at the same time cherished the heartbeat pattering within her chest.

Ava retrieved her phone out of boredom, and noticed even with a lack of signal, her phone had been attacked with dozens of missed calls from her sister.

The phone had been dialled on several occasions in silence, and Ava suddenly felt a wash of guilt flood her body.
She had worried her sister.

Voices rose in the distance, two men shouting back and forth for superiority. Ava slotted her phone back within her pocket and narrowed her gaze to the direction it had come. However with the amount of words bouncing from each tree it was near impossible to know exactly where.

Even so, Ava raised her foot to begin walking, however her foot did not come back down immediately.
Instead the small O'Connell was filled with the same sensation of the night with Mikael.

Air slashed around her body as the ground from under her vanished, leaving her clinging to the only solid being near her.
And then the ground came back.

Her feet slipped back on to the dirt filled ground, leaves crunching under her toes.
"Bloody hell." Ava muttered as the air flooded back into her lungs. Her eyes squeezed shut before she allowed her vision to come back, first noticing the trees towering over her and then the body her hand still clung to.

"That's not becoming a thing." She stated abruptly as she stumbled backward and away from the blonde man. Klaus smirked, his eyebrow cocking in question.

"Whatever do you mean, love?" Klaus smirked, ignoring the presence he felt behind Ava.

"You know what I mean. No magic powers." Ava muttered, intensifying her glare toward him.
It only made klauses smirk widen.

"I think your confusing me with a witch sweetheart." He stated nonchalantly before receiving a concerned look behind him, making his smile drop. Ava muttered under her breath before she turned around.

Her eyes widened as she noticed the man she did not recognise, a subtle smile crept on the mans lips. Ava looked back toward klaus for answer but only received his body pushing past hers as he went to move.

"Don't worry about him, love. He's just a tad obsessed with me." Klauses voice cut through the silence like a knife, only confusing the blonde O'Connell further due to the lack of knowledge.

"You can storm off in a fit of stubbornness if you like, but I suggest you do so toward the west." The new man observed, contradicting the direction Niklaus had chosen to go.

He grunted in response, Ava immediately noticed the tension exploding into the air after klaus was proven wrong. Tiny little fragments of a mikealsons ego slitting the air.

"That means nothing." Klaus bit at into the air, turning on the spot and heading in the direction he was informed to.

Whilst moving he grabbed Ava's arm and forced her to continue at the same pace as him, resulting in a similar grunt to escape her lips. Her gaze snapped back to the man trekking behind them, assessing the small similarities she seemed to see in the man with klaus.
But she kept her mouth shut.

After fifteen minutes of further trekking in silence, Ava began to grow frustrated. Klaus had finally dropped his grip off of the girl, which he refused to relinquish on several occasions for her own 'protection'.

Ava sighed as she glanced back up at the man she had been walking next to, curiosity overwhelming her.

"Can I ask a question?" She finally asked, only allowing her voice to whisper due to the lack of conversation. Klaus looked down to the girl next to him before detaching his gaze.

"No." he replied abruptly, attempting to speed up slightly to annoy her.

"Well that was rude and I'm going to ask anyway." Ava stated as she scowled at the hyrbid, watching a smirk creep on his lips in amusement.

"Who is he?" She whispered again, trying not to create enough tension to weigh the air more.

Klauses smile dropped and he dared not look back at the man in reference. "No one." He retorted, furthering his pace until it almost became unnatural.

The man behind him seemed hurt by the words that slipped through klauses lips, it was obvious it affected both men to different measures.

The man Ava did not know looked toward her and smiled, although it never reached his eyes.

"I am niklauses father."

The words fled off his tongue in such a foreign way Ava couldn't comprehend it at first. But as the last word was spoken her body stopped dead in her tracks and stared at him.
Was this man Mikael in a different form?
Like Finn had performed to become Vincent.

Was this man her abductor?

•••

So I'm late with updating...
I have good reason to be!
I just so happened to be on a family reunion for a long weekend with no wifi.

I split one chapter into two so I may add another one up soon. I just have to write for my English homework and my other book, before I update here again.

Over 300 reads in just over a week, which is so bloody brilliant! By the next few chapters before Christmas we may even be at 2K, here's hoping!

Like always I show love to the people who show me love,
Shout outs to-
@-voidMick
@-katerinaSalvatore-
@_BIPOLARZ_
@icebaby33
@DanyHart1
@snickerdoodlepoodles

Thank you to everyone reading this book, including the little silent ones.
By now you should know I give shout outs to anyone and everyone who shows their appreciation for the book unless told otherwise.

Message me if you want me to update or just want to comment about the book.
Please vote, comment and add to your reading lists.

Sorry for any mistakes,

Thank you for reading,

Goodbye X