Chapter Nineteen Part Two

Emmy groaned as she woke up, feeling the exhaustion clawing at her eyes, begging her to close them once more and to let her sleep, to let her enjoy the blissful rest. She rolled over, feeling herself collide with something as she did so, but her drowsiness didn't even allow her to react. She grumbled something incoherent, and Harry chuckled down at her. She'd rolled into his legs; he was kneeling beside her.

"Emmy," he said softly, before gently shaking her. "Em? Wake up."

"No," she mumbled, curling into a tight ball to try and get rid of the cold.

"Emmy," he said again, slightly harsher this time, although his voice was full of amusement. "Get up. It's Christmas, don't you want your present?"

"No," she replied, rolling away from him and sighing as she tried to go back to sleep.

He raised an eyebrow at her, pouting slightly, disappointed that she was being so uncooperative, then nudged her.

"Go away," she muttered.

"Nope," he said. "You have to get up now, anyway. Breakfast's in an hour."

"I don't need breakfast," she said.

"Yes you do," he said. "We've got a long day."

"And I want to spend it sleeping," she complained.

Harry sighed, sitting back on his ankles and staring at the present in his hands. He'd actually been excited to give it to her, he wasn't entirely sure whether she'd like it. But now...He scowled. "Emmy," he said, impatient now. "Don't make me push you out of bed."

"I hate you," she whined into the pillow.

"You won't after you open your present," he sang.

Tired of his pestering, she sat up, her hair a mess, her eyes narrowed and sleepy, her forehead creased into a scowl. "This better be good," she said.

"Wow, someone's not a morning person," he teased.

"I couldn't sleep last night," she answered as an explanation.

"Couldn't stand being so close to my sexy ass, huh?"

"Oh yeah," she said sarcastically. "That was definitely it."

He chuckled, letting her come to her senses and brush her hair out of her eyes, rubbing the sleep from them, before he held out the box he was holding.

"I just got a box," he said. "Since I'm so shit at wrapping and all."

She frowned, confused, as she looked at it, then took the lid off. Inside was a Pandora charm bracelet. She gasped.

"Harry!" she hissed.

"What?" he asked nervously.

"Oh my god."

"What?" he said again, eyes wide. "Do you like it? Is it what you wanted? I remember you saying that you loved the idea of Pandoras and I-"

Before he could finish, she'd placed it down on the bed and thrown her arms around him, cuddling him tightly to her, an enormous grin on her face.

"Oh, you're awake now?" he teased gently, before snaking his arms around her tiny form and hugging her back. "You like it?"

"Can't you tell?" she said, laughing lightly and returning her attention to her gift. "Oh, I do, I do, I've wanted one for forever."

He chuckled. "There's something else in the box, too."

Emmy's eyebrows furrowed with curiosity as she gently removed the bracelet from the box and placed it on the bed. Inside, still attached to their tiny black Pandora cushions, were two charms. "You got me charms too?!" she nearly screeched. The first was a crown, not unlike the crown that his own grandmother wore from time to time, and the second was, to her surprise, a stack of books.