Chapter Five

"What?!"

Edward Lane-Fox pursed his lips and swallowed his response as Harry fumed.

"What?!" the prince hissed again. "What?!"

"You heard me right, Harry," Edward said gently.

"They're what?!"

"Sending you on a date, yes."

"Emmy and I can cope with our fake relationship just fine, thanks," Harry snapped.

"Your father wants to make sure you're seen in the right way early on," Edward explained.

"We're going to Boujis on Saturday," Harry growled, throwing himself from his chair to aggressively pace his secretary's office. "That's a date, isn't it?"

"That's risky," Edward replied. "Anyone could just say that you met that night and went home together. A one-night-stand."

"What do they know?"

"Your father wants you to be seen out on a proper date," Edward explained. "He, Jane and I have been planning the next few weeks for you."

"Oh, is that so?" Harry asked bitterly, arching an eyebrow.

"Sit down, I'll show you."

"You helped?"

"Your father requested his secretary's and my help, yes."

"What do you know about dating?" Harry retorted.

Edward looked at him for a few moments, then sighed. "This is no different to arranging your public itinerary. Your father wanted expert advice."

"Expert," Harry muttered, then scoffed to himself. He was furious, not at his secretary, but at his father. Forcing him to marry a girl wasn't enough, he then had to control their entire 'relationship'.

"Here we are," Edward said, ignoring him and turning the computer screen so he could see. "On Saturday, you and Emmaline shall go to dinner with each other, then she will be pictured arriving home with you-"

"Woah woah woah!" Harry held up his hands. "She'll be coming home with me?"

"Yes," Edward answered simply, then turned back to the monitor. "Then on Tuesday you'll be seen having lunch together-"

"I have work."

"So does she," Edward dismissed. "We made sure your lunch hours are at the same time before we decided you would eat together."

Harry glared.

"On Friday, after the WellChild awards, a 'member of the public' in the crowd will ask you to marry her, and you'll reply with 'Sorry, I'm taken'."

Harry sat back, rolling his eyes.

"Then next Saturday you'll go and see a film together. A member of the public will take a picture of you two kissing, and-"

"Wait!" he hissed. "Kissing?!"

"It's the act of pressing your lips to someone else's-"

Harry's furious glare cut his secretary off.

"Sorry, Harry," Edward said. "But I suppose it's good to start early. You and Emmy are going to have to be pictured kissing each other lots."

"Why, though?" Harry demanded, his voice taking on a more desperate tone. "Wills and Kate aren't ever seen kissing."

"Yes, but the public love public displays of affection," Edward answered. "It really boosts the interest when William and Kate are seen holding hands or hugging. You and Emmaline need to keep the interest high."