Fun Facts About A Mermaid Tale Book 2 - The Deep

Time for some fun facts about this Mermaid book!

-          I always knew that the second book would me entitled “The Deep” not once has it changed (unlike many other things).

-          Gabrielle was a character that I suddenly made up right before writing chapter one

-          It was thanks to this character that I was able to create most of the story and the plot

-          Sometimes her name in the book is spelt Casslyn instead of Caslynn (oops).

-          This book contains much more point of views of different characters than the first novel

-           The writing at the beginning of the novel is very basic, but the last five chapters my vocabulary is much better and a little more advanced.

-          I deleted this story and my account twice while writing this book, but still managed to finish it

-          I left 85% of the chapters of this book with cliffhangers.

-          Originally Taiven was supposed to be in the Deep the whole time and they were supposed to rescue him there and start the war, but I decided to keep the fight for the third and final book.

-          I kind of forgot that Ridge was half-merman and when I remembered I just knew that I had to put it in the story!

-          Originally there was supposed to be a love triangle between Gabrielle, Alacreed and Ridge but I decided against it because I didn’t want to rush things and I think Ridge and Breena are cute together (don’t you think?).

-          Without realizing it, I wrote that all of my characters from the Upper Kingdom have blond hair (except Danicio) and all of my characters from the Deep have dark hair.

-          There’s a trailer for this book

-          The ending of the book was not changed. I knew from the start that no matter what I wrote Tara would be pulled along with the Maverick.

-          I did not name Maverick Taren just because I thought there would be too many T’s. Tara, Taiven and Taren, doesn’t it sound a little weird?

-          Maverick is dead, for those of you who might still think he’s still alive. I killed him off because I came to the conclusion that I wouldn’t be able to do anything with his character and he was stopping me from doing certain things with the story. I needed freedom!

-          Some people asked me to be mermaids in my story and I said yes, and then I forgot. So to those people, I’m really sorry, I just remembered about it now…

-           The third book is entitled A Mermaid Tale Book 3 – At Ocean’s End and is available on my profile along with the summery. If I were you, I would go add it now!

I hope you enjoyed these facts! What did you think of this novel?