Werewolf

Finding out what kind of supernatural entity Zac could be with my information proved difficult, and it took me several nights of intense Googling and extra visits to the university library before I finally zoned in on a couple of possibilities—versus the tens and fifties I had before. I was able to cross out all of the other possibilities due to their geographic origin, and in the end, I think I had a positive idea as to what my friend was.

Zachary Fear was a shape-shifter, but more specifically he was a werewolf.

A werewolf!

“The werewolf is possibly the most dramatic, terrifying, and famous of all shape-shifters. He is known throughout northern Europe, North America, and Canada.”

“In the time of the pagan wolf cults the wolf-man was often gentle and wise. The werewolf of fantasy, though, is always a ravenous beast, who will rip its victims’ throats out with its strong jaws. The change from human to wolf takes place during a full moon—traditionally a time of magic and madness.”

“A man (and usually they are men) may become a werewolf because one has bitten him. It could be because he has a magic ointment or has put on a wolf’s pelt in order to change himself. Or it may be because he was bewitched. If bewitched, he will return to his human form in nine years, provided he has not eaten human flesh during that time.”

The thought of Zac consuming human flesh entered my mind and made me feel sick, but I reminded myself that this was just a theory. However, the more research I did into werewolves the more I came to realise that maybe this wasn’t really a theory at all, but a fact. It all made sense in my head the more I read, and all of the puzzle pieces came together to form a picture of what could possibly be truth. All the oddities that had happened, all of the unusual things that I came across…they could all be explained by saying that Zac was a werewolf.

His skin—wolves are warm blooded animals that have warm skin. They are always hot, sometimes too hot to even be touched by a human.

His eyes—the pupils are diamond shaped and resembles that of a cat, an animal, more specifically…a wolf.

The growling is that of an animal, and werewolves growl. Must I even explain why he has incredibly sharp looking teeth? Sometimes, werewolves gain supernatural powers when they are turned or when they are born. These include a variety of things, but the ones that I found to stand out most to me was the telepathy and the super speed. So he really could read my mind, couldn’t he… And the super speed could conveniently explain how he was able to avoid me seeing him every time I turned around in the hallway that one time when I was on the second floor of his house.

This theory was becoming legitimate enough to be transformed into fact, and I wasn’t really sure how to comprehend it. So my friend was a werewolf? What now?

Confrontation?

Maybe he was hiding out in the woods for that very reason…because he was a werewolf…an outcast from human society. Could that be why? I can’t possibly go on without knowing the truth, and the truth was what I shall get because I have to go back to his house anyway. I left my photo album there and I have to go get it.