The Morning After

(Violet’s P.O.V.)

                “Hence why we moved here,” I stared Alex down as he spoke. I tried to take in the new information now brought to me. Elliott’s real name was Lincoln Rushing…I feel like I have heard that last name before. Gosh! It’s on the tip of my tongue….oh well.

                I let out a yawn, now realizing how tired I was.

                “It’s getting late. Would you like to stay over?” I nodded my head quickly, “ok, let me set up the couch so you can sleep on it.” With that he left. My eyes started to droop as exhaustion began to take over. I laid my head against the pillow and quickly fell asleep, before Alex could come back. I wasn’t asleep for long though.

                I felt someone’s arms wrap around me and lift me off the couch. Too lazy to open my eyes, I leaned my head onto the person. They soon laid me back down and pulled a blanket over me. Once more sleep overcame me.

                I laid my head down on the soft grass and stared up at the stars. I had never seen so many stars covering the dark night before. I was entranced.

                “We can stay here forever you know. Just you and I,” I turned my head to see the person who broke me out of my trance. Elliott lied next to me, his eyes sparkled with amusement. I reached forward and laid my hand upon his cheek, checking to see if he was real.

                He smiled he awe inspiring grin. I smiled back, and then turned my head back to the stars.

                “It’s beautiful,” I said, somehow finding my voice.

                “You are,” I couldn’t help but laugh at his words.

                “You’re so cheesy.”

                “It’s true though,” I turned my head back to his to catch him still smiling at me. Suddenly rain began to fall from the sky. Our once starry night was now filled with dark clouds.  I looked back at Elliott to see him missing and in his place Daniel. I tried to scream, but my voice was gone once more. He then suddenly got on top of me.

                “Violet, Violet, Violet, you never learn. You are mine and will always be mine,” with those words said he thrust his lips upon mine in such a painful manner.

                I awoke terrified, clutching onto a pillow not belonging to me. My eyes quickly adjusted to the darkness of a stranger’s room. I was wrapped in dark brown covers that didn’t really match anything. The walls were white and there were still random boxes scattered around the room. I suddenly remembered I stayed at the McCarthy’s (or would it be Rushing’s) apartment. Quickly, I stood up and ran my fingers through my hair before exiting whoever’s room this must be.

                Slowly I walked back into the T.V. room to see Elliott (doesn’t seem right to call him Mr. McCarthy now) passed out on the couch. He wore a blue pair of Spiderman pajama pants and no shirt. My eyes raked up his chest as my cheeks heated up. He must have been the one to carry me… meaning I slept in his bed… I turned around quickly only to smack my head upon someone’s chest.

                “Jeez, Vi, are you alright?” Alex brought his head down to mine. I opened my mouth forgetting I couldn’t speak. He frowned at my attempt then grabbed my hand then led me to what looked like a kitchen.

                “Sit here,” he pointed to one of the chairs at the small square table near a window, “I can’t take you home without feeding you.” I nodded my head as he walked to the fridge and began to pull things out. A few seconds past before the entry of Elliott was brought to my attention.

                “Obtenez des analgésiques me maintenant” What the?

                “ils sont là-bas, faites-les vous-même” Alex replied, pointing to a the table I sat at. I looked at the table to see a bottle of Advil. Elliot walked to the chair across from me and sat down.  He then quickly picked up the bottle, got a few out, then swallowed them dry. I remembered I tried to do that once, but failed miserably. Elliott then suddenly looked at me.

                “Violet, you will tell no one of what saw last night,” he said sternly. I nodded my head and let my eyes wander down to the floor, unable to look at him. He was my teacher. He was my shirtless teacher. He was my shirtless teacher with a six pack. This was defiantly wrong. A bowl of cereal was abruptly put down in front of me.

                “Sorry Vi, I would have made you pancakes, but we are all out of the mix,” head I nodded my head once more before spooning some flacks into my mouth.

                (Elliott’s P.O.V.)

I was going to be fired if she dared to speak…well write about what she saw last night. I was already in hell; I don’t unemployment added to the bunch.  I just wish Alex would have told me he was going to bring Violet here. I knew he thought the deal was still on, but there was no reason to bring her here.

I tried to get out of the deal of course, but it only leads to me having to go on a date with Zelda. As always it ended with us fighting and me ending up in a bar. I looked up at Violet, to see her finishing her cereal. Her short blonde hair was pulled into a messy bun and her face was cleared of any makeup up. My eyes traveled down to see one of the pink straps was falling down. If she wasn’t my student Alex wouldn’t have had to make a deal to convince me to woo her. Even though her voice was gone she still was perfect.

Quickly I picked up her bowl for her and brought it to the sink.

“vous devriez mettre une chemise,” Alex called from where I was sitting. He took Violet’s hand and helped her up.

“I’m taking Violet home now,” Violet waved goodbye as they walked towards the door.

(Violet’s P.O.V. again…..ya)

                Once home, my dad pulled me into a hug and asked if I had a good time. I nodded and then quickly headed up to my room. I pulled out my phone that was now dead and put in on the charger. The second it turned on it began to buzz. I had a least a dozen texts from Haley and one from a unknown number.

                I opened the one from the unknown number first-

                Hey Violet, it’s Elliott. I got your # from Alex’s cell. Did he get you home alright?

                I smiled down at the text and quickly added the number as a contact before replying-

                Hi Elliott, it’s Violet. You shouldn’t steal ppl’s #s from your bro’s phone :P

                I then looked at all the text’s Haley had sent. Most of them were asking where I was and wanting to know if I could come over. The last one said she had asked my father where I was and was glad I made a new friend, but wished I would reply. So I started reply when it began to buzz. A new text from…

( yuppers, I am stopping it there ;) ….i feel like it needed some suspense)