Her (unedited)

Her

(Violets P.O.V.)

The bell rings…time for an hour with this egotistical teacher.

“Come on, Vi, time for art,” Elliot winks then walks off. I quickly follow him. “Don’t expect for me to be giving you my coffee anymore,” I said triumphantly.

“Love, we both know I stole this coffee, and I will continue to steal you extra coffee, if and when you have some,” I didn’t even bother to look at him to know his arrogant smile was forming on his face.

                                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Today I will be giving you the option of either sculpting or painting your assigined emotion today,” Mr. Big Head said to the class. Everyone got up and headed to the materials. I went straight for the sculpting clay and tools.

Love, as if I am really in the mood to sculpt love…like that’s going to happen. So instead, I began to sculpt my favorite animal. 

I started with it’s beak and continued down to create its short feathery body.

“Violet, tell me how is a penguin suppose to symbolize love?” Mr. Overconfident stared at my bird.

“You really don’t know anything about birds, do you Mr. McCarthy?”

“Nope, that’s why I became a art teacher, dear,” he replied.

“Because you didn’t know anything about birds?” I mocked him.

“No, because I was too lazy in school learn anything but art,” he looked slightly annoyed “so why does this penguin symbolize love?”

“Because penguins mate for life,” I smiled, “if that doesn’t prove true love, I don’t know what does.”

“Touché,” was all he said before walking off to the next student to question their choice in showing emotion.

I continued to perfect my penguin, when I remembered that he did not even comment on my new appearience. I know he is a teacher and all, but when he saw me this morning, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing he said or did revolved around but the coffee and penguin. I mean, he could have at least made a haughty remark that even though I look different I could not compete with his looks.

The bell rings, taking me out of my train of thought, and almost causing me to drop my penguin. I quickly grab my bag, put the penguin on the back counter, then got the fuck out of that room as quick as possible.

                                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I land in my seat just in time for the tardy bell to second period to ring. It was study hall, but the teacher, Ms. Barron, still did not like tardiness.

I did not have any work to do, so I pulled out my IPod and listen to the first song to come on shuffle. It was Grenade by Bruno Mars, my favorite song currently. I feel as though my IPod can sometimes read my mind, unlike Haley’s IPod, which now has a damaged screen from pushing skip too much, with too much force.

"Grenade"

Easy come, easy go

That's just how you live, oh

Take, take, take it all

But you never give

Should've known you was trouble