Abandoned

Abandoned

Kelly rushed up to his room, he was ready to tell Audrey what she most likely been waiting for all day. Though the missing body, Josh's missing corpse, was on his mind; Audrey was more important at the moment. Mother would handle what she could in the morning when she saw the detective and his team.

Kelly just had to answer some question as honest as possible, soothed Audrey's noisy mind and everything would be okay.

The elevator seemed to be taking too long. When it opened on his floor he straighten himself preparing for the piercing eyes of a betrayed Audrey. Everyone had made there way back to there rooms since the lunch fiasco. Those that occupied the third floor with him left a harmonious buzz of life in the hall. When he walked to his door however it seemed vacant of energy, of life. Kelly opened the door visually ready to see a pissed off Audrey seating infront of him. That wasn't the case.

...

Admittedly dress sandals aren't the best things to trek in but they were hers. Almost half a mile of walking on gravel all Audrey saw now were ths trees, no mansion in view. Even though the moisture of being near tears blurred her vision she felt she was pretty far from Kelly's family. If they hadn't notice she was gone now maybe they wouldn't look for her until it was too late. She hoped to be long gone, but she had a long walk ahead of her.

Another hundred or so feet and Audrey notice a car tucked in the far distance. It was strange when Kelly drove her to the mansion all she had saw were trees and telephone poles. Maybe the car was ditched there. Maybe someone was tucked inside taking a rest break. The hypotheticals kept building in Audrey's head as she got closer and closer to the vehicle. It possibly was her way out of here, if they were to notice now that she had disappeared and wanted to seemed concerned and look for her Kelly's entourage would most likely begin to pop up soon. This car could be an escape sent from God.

She finally was at the car door. Looking through the tinted windows of the black sedan she saw no one. She reached for the handle and immediately was shocked to see what she assumed was blood on the handle. Backing away briskly she bumped into something. So in shock she froze her mind unsure or what her next move should be.

"Get in the car," said a familiar raspy voice. A cold metallic object now pressed against her ear Audrey did as she was told and was guided to the passenger's side and escorted into the seat.

...

No one was in the room nor the bathroom. Where could she have gone? There was no one other than staff on the first floor.

He talked to Alex and he knew nothing of the situation. Kelly ordered that the two night maids go on a search for Audrey inside as three of the security searched the outskirts of the property.

Kelly was fidgety as he told Carnell and Landry the circumstances.

"She just asked us to go to the room," Landry recalled, "she seemed okay then."

"Well she's missing now," Carnell stated.

"Audrey's missing?" Dustin inquired walking toward the men.

"Yeah," Kelly answers and then peers out of the hallway window he was leaned against.

...

He sat in the driver's seat. He had to be a ghost. He couldn't be real. This had to be a bad dream, there was no way this was real.

Audrey face was pale as she took another glance at her kidnapper. He had one hand on the wheel and the other wrapped around her shoulder, gun dangling in it.

"Well that looks familiar, weren't you wearing that yesterday? What, fashion and hygiene go out the window after you kill somebody?"

"But you're not dead," Audrey responds.

_._._._._._._._._._._._.__._._._._._.__._._._._.

Don't forget to comment!

-ENF2