Speak Clearly

Another knocked at the door and yet again it was not Kelly. As if he had been avoiding his own room.

Alex made his second appearance in the room that day though. "Excuse me, lunch on the patio will begin in 15 minutes," he spoke to Audrey and soon noticed through the crack of the door that he spoke not only her but Landry, who seemed to have made himself her company at the vanity opposite Alex's viewing angle.

"Thank you, Alex," Audrey replied from the edge of the bed she sat on, with a smile.

Alex exited with a small leer toward Landry. A sense of suspicion emitting from Alex.

"Oh, Alex before you leave, how does this look on me?" Audrey asked as she stood in the flowing sun dress.

"It looks very well, but I wouldn't have thought the low cut neckline would be your choice."

"It wasn't, I had a hard time making a decision out of all the options you gave me, Landry saw my frustration and volunteered his services," Audrey said with a pointed smile that beamed in Landry's direction.

"Very well," Alex replied and headed out of the room once again.

"Alex," Audrey called out following briskly after him out of the room. "Did you speak with Kelly, I have yet to see him and I don't know, I'm worried," she said her voice faltering as she spoke.

"Yes, Audrey I did speak with him and when I did he seemed most determined to explain things to you, though I must admit that was over an hour ago. I was sure that he was the one in the room with you, and on that note I must warn you about Landry," Alex sternly worded with concern in his eyes, "he can get a bit handsie, don't take him for what he seems. In fact you get by a lot easier if you don't base anyone's personality on what they forth right show." Alex's warning left no room for argument, Audrey just nodded respectfully and returned to Kelly's room far more aware of her surroundings.

...

Kelly knock at the door and was immediately welcomed in.

"What is it now Kelly," his mother questioned after briefly glancing up from her desk.

"I don't know how to tell her," he said shutting the door behind him.

"We'll you should have thought of that before bringing her here," Mother snapped at him.

"Yes, I should have," his head bowed in shame, "but I didn't and now I can't avoid it anymore than I already have. I need your help."

Mother scoffed at her son's plea, she knew it would come to this, she'd spoiled all her children to the point where they couldn't do much of anything on their own. "Yes, of course you need my help," confidence oozed from every syllable.

...

Detective Moore had yet to make the call, he just sat in his office debating on timing and phrasing. Too late in the day and Mother would be pissed off, too early and he might find himself face to face with her, under her surveillance and micromanaging. He wanted to time it perfect and say it to an extent where she wouldn't be overwhelmed and irrational.

His team collected all the evidence they could and left the neighborhood with a comfortable conclusion but an explanation for Mrs. Breeding that he had not.

With a sigh he glanced over the notepad in front of him. Jolted on it were the points of conversation he planed for his phone chat with Mother; everything was smoothly handled on scene, no suspicion in the police department, all evidence picked up and held under lock and key except one thing. The thing he wanted to avoid telling Mother.

Moore wanted to erase it off the notepad and pretend that the problem didn't exist, but he knew there was no getting out of this one. He wished he hadn't volunteered to get into it. Too late now, he was an accessory, an adviser, he was in it and no getting out.

This murder/homicide case of Kelly's wouldn't be so hard if there was actually a body on scene.

How could Detective Moore possible tell Mother that the body is missing and she not get overwhelmed or irrational?