CHAPTER 6

Everything was set. We have been scouting the area for more than a week now. The walls surrounding the estate were reinforced concrete; she has two personal body guards who go with her everywhere. Bribing them wasn’t an option because a.) They were honest men. And b) the Devon family took care of all their servants needs including their families.

The walls were aligned with motion detection cameras. Funny thing about the security around this place was that it seemed like they were more concerned with keeping whatever was within these walls, inside than someone from outside intruding.

There was only one gate in and out. This only opened for specific people. The controls of the gate like everything else were inside the mansion. So we couldn’t hack into the place from the outside. And just inside the gate they had the guard house with two armed guards around the clock. They took shifts. The night guards came at 7 sharp. And left in the morning at 7.

 The targets car was bullet proof and she never went anywhere without her guards. We would have about 5 minutes before they sound the alarms. Again a weird thing she went in that one car, no security cars in front or back flagging her. The girl was the owner of the Devon estate, had more than 50 million in her account and that’s minus the inheritance she was gonna get when she is 21. Something about this thing doesn’t add up.

Her car comes up to the guard house, Jack and I we are dressed as the guards on duty. The guy driving lowers his window. I don’t look up as I walk up to him. The cap was concealing my face. I walk up to the driver’s window and throw a tear gas can inside.

Before he could react Jack opened the gate and Frank drove the getaway van to the front.   

I walk to the passenger window and one of her bodyguards attacks me. I dodge his punch. The next thing I know he is collapsing in front. Joey, I think shaking my head. He would never miss a chance to show off his aim. I move at the other side and look but the girl wasn’t inside. I look up to see her other bodyguard had his gun pointed at Jack’s face. But thanks to the tear gas he wasn’t able to see much less aim. The girl was clutching to his coat.

Another shot and the guard goes down. Then I walk behind the girl and press the chloroformed cloth to her face. She struggles a bit but in the end she finally stops moving. Jack and I carry her to the van and drive off.

A few miles later we ditch the van, change our clothes and get into a florists van and drive to the underground caves.

A few hours of driving later we are here. I had decided to bring her here because this way she would not be able to escape. These caves led to a lot of tunnels and if you don’t know your way you could easily be lost in them for days. We carry her inside and laid her down inside the cage that I and Joey had made for her. We place her on the cot and lock the door behind us.

I turn to the others and smile. “Well that was easy.” I grin. “When will she wake up?” Brian asks me as he looks at her through the make shift jail cell. “A few hours tops. Call it in, will you? What’s to eat?” I ask as I walk towards the fridge. Oh yes! Though we are a few miles underground we had everything we needed to live comfortably. The gaps in the caves became rooms. We even decorated them according to our tastes. There was a fresh water hole inside one of the tunnels that supplied water for everything. We basically got whatever we needed from nature. Well everything except the electricity and the furniture.

The centre of the cave became our living room where Brian had all his computer stuff established and where now Miss Ana sleeps for the rest of her days. Right in front of all our “rooms”. We wait for her to regain her consciousness