CHAPTER 5

Ana’s POV

After the shower I went downstairs for my breakfast. But before I reached the dinning room I could hear the screaming from inside. Rosa was standing outside with a sad look on her face; I smile at her and go inside. The shouting stops the moment I enter. “Ah!! So the little princess has finally decided to grace us with her presence.” Dad all but sneers at me. Dad never wanted a girl child but having had four sons didn’t do him much good either, since none of my brothers wanted anything to do with him or his business. So in spite of having 4 sons my father beloved was left heir less. Funny how the times change.

That brings a smile on my face and dad just loses it. “HOW DARE YOU LAUGH AT ME?” He shouts. I ignore him completely. Walk to my mom side and kiss her good morning. That starts another round of shouting’s. I keep my cool and walk to my seat the servants were about serve me when he shouts at them. “STOP! SHE WILL NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO EAT UNTIL AND UNLESS SHE LEARNS HOW TO BEHAVE TOWARDS HER FATHER.”  The sound bounce the high walls of the dinning room making it seem like everyone was shouting. And it was giving me a headache.

The butler Sebastian who was serving me looks at me with a pleading look. I smile at him and shake my head in no. Then I turn to my dad, “Dad you’ll get my respect when you’ll earn it. Now would you mind telling me how much you lost last night? That is why you were shouting at mom a moment ago.” He just glared at me and said, “I don’t need money for my casino. I need it for the construction company. And your mother bluntly refused to give me money.” He turns and looks at mom with such hatred in his eyes but she just sits there calmly and looks at me. “The construction company is another one of his schemes to make me give him money. I injected 15 million into the company last month and now he says he wants more. That is why I refused to pay him.” She tells me.

I turn to my dad and he says, “How is a man supposed to work in this condition? I bring the bread in this house and do I get a thank you from you ungrateful, miserable beings?” he sneers at me and I had enough, I stand up, “YOU DON’T BRING ANYTHING HERE! ALL YOU DO IS CAUSE US MORE TROUBLE. WE HAVE TO PAY OFF YOUR DEBTS AND YOUR HIGH LIVING STANDARDS AND YOU’RE PARTIES!”

Juan’s POV

I have had enough of this girl’s insolence. She has to understand that I am the head of this family and give me the respect I deserve. “HOW DARE YOU? YOU BEAR MY NAME; DON’T FORGET YOU ARE ALIVE BECAUSE OF ME. YOU HAVE TO RESPECT ME BECAUSE I AM THE HEAD OF THIS FAMILY.”

At this she starts laughing, the noise is grating on my ears. And only adding to the head ache I have. “I don’t carry your name daddy dearest.” Her voice filled with sarcasm. “You took up mom’s name after you married her. So I don’t carry your name but her name; my grandpa’s name. The name you sullen everyday with  your drinking and gambling. You have nothing, never did, never will. Not as long as I live.”

“Now if you’ll excuse me I find that I have lost my appetite. Rosa ask John to get the car. I am leaving.” She says as she leaves the dining room. And Anita follows her out, after glaring at me and saying, “Why can’t you leave us alone?”

And the only thing ringing in my ears was her words, “Not as long as I live.” I smile to myself and decide that little glitch can be fixed with minimal effort on my part.

Ana’s POV

My mom follows me from the dinning room, “Ana you haven’t had anything. Please eat something before you leave.” I turn to her and force a smile. “Its ok mom, I buy something from outside. Don’t worry. Take care.” I said kissing her again. And turn towards the door. John was already there with the car and so was Pablo, standing by the door.

I sigh and curse him from the bottom of my heart. He did this every time he woke up early. I turned and Rosa was standing there with some food she had packed. I smile at her she knew Ana and me very well. I turn to see Enrique following her as she walked to the car. I call him. “Enrique, make sure she has this. I know she won’t buy anything from outside not when she is angry.”  Handing him the packed food. He nods and smiles at me.  “ You are going to the orphanage?” he nods again. I smile at him. I knew both Enrique and Pablo would never let anything happen to Ana and would protect her with everything.

He turns and leaves. And I see them drive away. Its only after they left that I realized that I had forgotten to mention Raven’s visit to Ana.