Chapter 15 Coward

I couldn't move. This was it. I closed my eyes. "I'm sorry Tae. I failed you." I whispered as he lifted the pipe high above his head, ready to deal his final blow.

Suddenly the metal pipe in Eric's hand was grabbed, pulling him backwards.

Still unable to move, all I could do was watch the scene play out in front of me.

I could hear shuffling in the shadows. I tried to watch my savior and my captor battle over my life.

The figure of the second man stepped into the light of the flash of the outside storm. It was a man with purple hair and leather jacket. I couldn't forget that sight no matter where he was.

"Taehyung!" I yelled out after having seen that my savior was him. "Watch out!"

Eric threw a punch at Taehyung's face. Taehyung returned a punch back. Both men fighting each other with all of their might.

Eric cocked back his gun, pointing it in my direction.

"Back off or she dies right now!" He yelled while breathing heavily.

"You know I can't just let that happen." Taehyung said as he stood with his hands at his chest, motioning for Eric to calm down.

His deep brown eyes looked into mine, and I found the strength I needed. He had come for me.

"Let's not do anything too drastic here." Taehyung said slowly walking closer to Eric.

"I said back off!" Eric yelled after wiping the sweat off of his forehead.

Taehyung laughed

"You don't want to mess with the famous Jester, now do you?"

Eric began to grow nervous.

"She's mine." Taehyung said as he started walked in a circular motion, going even closer to Eric.

He looked at me and smiled. Despite the situation I could feel my soul begin to regain life with his smile and those words....shes mine.....

"That's it. I'm done with this." He said as he pulled the trigger of his gun. My ears rang from the loud sound. The pain in my arm caused me to look down, and I could see the entry wound on my forearm with blood streaming out of it.

"You shouldn't have done that." Taehyung said angrily.

He quickly ran towards Eric, tackling him to the ground and knocking the gun out of his hand, the metal pistol sliding across the floor.

I got up and ran to the gun and turned around and saw Taehyung on top of Eric, punching blow and blow in his face. Eric struggled as he was slowly beginning to lose consciousness.

I cocked the gun back and walked over to the two men and pointed the gun at Eric.

"Now it's time for you to say goodbye, you low life, piece of shit." I said about to pull the trigger.

"No Ember, he isn't worth it. He shouldn't be able to get out of it that easily." Taehyung said to me.

"Well let him feel half of what you've felt, and see how he likes it." Taehyung got off of Eric and motioned for me to hand him the gun.

As I handed the pistol to Tae, Eric looked at him, and pleaded. "No! Please don't."

"Coward." Taehyung said as he pulled the trigger, shooting Eric in the leg.

"Ember, tie him up, we'll let the police deal with him now." He said as he threw me some rope.

Taehyung grabbed my hand and held it as he guided me out of that God forsaken warehouse.

I stopped walking for a second and took in the freedom. The fresh air filled my lungs and the rain poured down on my body and started to wash away all the dirt and blood.

"Come on Ember, lets go. You're safe now. Taehyung said to me in his deep voice, sending chills down my spine.

He came for me. He saved me. He called me his. My soul was comforted. I really was safe.

END OF CHAPTER 15