Chapter 3: Mercy

He sneered at you, his golden colored eyes staring back into yours. (Idk what his eye color is... maybe green??) You cringe at the sight, and turn your head away, so you didn't have to see him staring at you like a creep. He was way to close to your face, all you could feel was his warm breath, breathing on you.

"What's the matter? Are you scared of me?" He said tilting his head, at an angle. You shaked a bit, then breathing in deeply, your hand reached for the lamp that was sitting on the drawer.

"No... You're just evading my space!" You swung your arm, that had the glass lamp and it hit him in the back of the head; shattering. He gave a low grunt from the impact and stumbled backwards, clutching his head. He examined his hand finding blood dripping all over it.

"Why, you little bratt!" He roared. He lunged, quickly wrapping his warm hands around your neck, and started lifting you. "Not such a wise idea, my dear." He growled revealing his two front fangs again. You gasped for breath and began kicking him, with all your might. You tried to claw at his hands, but he was too powerful. You could slowly see the dark spots flashing infront of your eyes.

"No, please! I'm sorry, forgive me! Please let me go, I don't want to be any part of this! I'm sorry I hit you!" You wailed. Tears slowly slid down your face. He still didn't listen, he slammed your back into the wall, making the pain unbearable. Then he hissed, and threw you to the ground. You collapsed face first making your nose bleed. You turned to face the hideous clown, as he approached you long, sharp nails elongating out of his white gloves. You cuddle back against the wall, more tears falling down your cheeks. He raised an arm full of claws, and gave a maniacal laugh.

"Time to end your suffering!" He said as his voice cracked a bit. With no energy to protect yourself any longer, you slowly blink your eyes turning away. You gasp for your final breath, as a single drop of blood dribbled down the side of your mouth. Pennywise pulled back his arm, ready to strike. He let go and his hand made contact with the wall instead, making a huge dent.

You look above you, your eyes tracing his arm back to his face. You heard him take raspy breaths, and he looked back up at you his makeup ruined by tears.

"I-I can't do it." He softly cried. "Why must I be someone else..." He slowly slid his hand down the wall and fell down beside me. "I'm sorry." He whispered. You sat in shock, and confusion. One second he's trying to kill you, then the next second he's saying "I'm sorry"? You started to scoot away from him, making sure he wasn't tricking you. "Please, I'm sorry if I hurt you... Don't go away, all I wanted was a friend." He said sadly.

"Why should I trust you? You almost killed me!" You yelled.

"I-I know- I should probably leave so I can stop scaring you..." You wanted to grab him, and ask him more questions but with one blink of an eye, he suddenly disappeared. You stood, back against the wall, consuming what you had just witnessed. Why would he show me mercy? Wasn't he going to kill me? hugging your knees, you wanted to find out desperately, why he did. But where could you find him next? He could be anywhere...

Maybe he did have a soft heart, after all...