Chapter 2: Introduction

That night all you thought about, was the creepy person in the gutter, staring at you with a grin. Everytime you saw his eyes flash a golden color, it made your heart race. You tossed and turned, trying to find a comfortable side to rest on but nothing helped. You then hesitantly slid out of bed, and went to the bathroom to get a drink of water. You grabbed the empty cup sitting by the sink, and put it under the faucet; letting it fill.

You then gulped a bit, and closed your eyes trying to relax. You drank more, then you put the empty glass down and looked in the mirror, examining your face. Something wasn't right... Your eyes slowly followed to the corner of the mirror to see a, 6'4" figure standing outside the door. You gasp, and snap your head to see the doorway empty.

You rub your eyes, making sure you weren't hallucinating. Now you've had it. The hairs on your arms began to slowly raise and your heart thumped loudly. You were scared of walking out of the bathroom. What if he is still there? What if he is still standing by the doorway? You said to yourself.

You rubbed your arms, as if cold wind had touched you. You braced yourself for the worst, and began to walk back into your room. Your feet slowly wedged inch, by inch. All you wanted was to hop in bed, and hide under the covers like a little kid would do, after having a nightmare. But you were too focused, and alerted.

You kept your eyes wide opened, watching for any sudden movements. Suddenly something brushed past your foot, and you gave a loud yelp, which could have possibly woken the neighbors. You kicked at the wretched thing only finding it was a jacket strewn on the floor. You gasp for breath and let out a sigh.

"Don't cry my dear, it was just your mind playing tricks on you." Said a raspy, familiar voice. You looked back at your bed to see the same pair of eyes peeking at you.

You stared in horror as the creature, slowly rised from behind the bed and stood up tall, looking down on you. Your eyes couldn't rip off the sight of the person, but your hands searched the wall for the switch. You quickly found it and flipped it on. The lights flickered to it's full brightness, the man still stared back at you, inspecting you curiously.

"What are you doing in my house? Who are you?! Please leave me alone!" You cry angrily. The light revealed his face, his eyes didn't glow that awful glow anymore. He looked at you with a serious face. His skin was a sickly white color, and red lines of makeup came down his eyes as if they were scars. Then they connected to his lips. His nose was red of a clowns, same as his outfit, and hair. First of all you despised clowns... When you were little, you had loved them. But as you grew, you developed a new hate for them.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't introduce myself correctly. My name is Pennywise. Pennywise the Dancing Clown." He said taking a small bow. He looked back up at you with a wide smile. "And it is such a pleasure to meet you Y/N." He said politely.

You scrunch your brow in confusion, and tilt your head sideways looking up and down at him.

"Why are you, being so nice?" You said disgusted.

"Well, isn't every gentleman supposed to be polite, when introducing?" He said reasonably, while giving a short gesture. He gave an evil chuckle, and within a few steps he had gotten close to your face. "Listen here, when your down there you'll float, they all float," He said viciously. "What are you most afraid of darling?" He said tracing a finger on the bottom jawline of your chin.