Part 26

“It’s not, by making the MP get a split personality you caused the droids to attack each other and you will eventually create an instability that will result in the whole precinct network shutting down. This will kill all gnomes on the precincts and everyone in Precinct 13."

“You know what they say about the bringer of bad news don’t you?”

“I’ve forgotten at the moment, remind me?”

“Shoot the messenger,” at this Grunkel shot Sid with a stun pistol. Sid fell over.

“What did you do that for?” asked Fayebaloo who until this time had been eating her fish and chips in the parlour.

“I think it was a plot twist by the Author.”

“Are you still going to travel to Precinct 1 knowing that it could shut down all the precincts?” she burped a little, “Pardon.”

“I don’t know, I’ll decide after the next scene.”

Cut to the MP, Splob, Gwinda’s 1 and 2 and Sidney.

“What’s happening now?” asked Sidney, generally but also in the direction of the MP.

“I think Sid has failed which means I might have to create a non-time contingency bubble around the event.”

“What’s one of those when you’re sober and have had enough sleep?”

“I have a non-time contingency bubble program that allows me to stop adverse non-time events from causing a catastrophic shutdown of the precinct system.”