Part 29

Sprocket raised his hands.

Gwinda then began to rouse Sid.

“Uh, whatt?” he exclaimed as he came around.

“Come on Sid, help me get the others up.”

As he went around slapping the others he said, “Wakey wakey, rise and shine.”

“Don’t forget to get all of the IWTs and his security protocol device.”

“That’s sensible,” agreed Sid.

“Yes, it makes up for my silly remark just now.”

“Can you rescue Sprocket and I please?” asked Fayebaloo, “we’re not supposed to be here really. The Author only put us here because we had appeared in the previous book.”

“Don’t worry,” smiled Gwinda 1, “Splob has negotiated a rehabilitational release for all reformed time criminals.”

Together Sid, Sidney and the two Gwindas all used their IWTs to travel back to the MP.

Now then, this presents a bit of a problem for the Author, the precincts being outside of time and such. So they travel back to, I mean forward, into non-time and none of the stuff that happened at the beginning of this book has/did happen(ed), but they remember it?

Does the MP remember it?

No.

He does not remember it but he can see the bubble that was created to protect the precincts and so knows what would have/non-would have happened.

“Oh well,” said Sidney and Gwinda as they popped back to their proper time line.

“Things must be working nor…” nearly finished Sid as he and Gwinda also popped to where they had originally come from.

“All in a non-days work,” thought the MP as he went for another short diagnostic.

EPILOGUE

“Excellent,” exhaled the Grunkel who was still in Precinct 1 when he heard that a contingency universe bubble had been created. “My plan all along,” he said as he began to fade away.