Part 24

“I don’t know, I think you would have to speak to the IPP on Xanadu about that. It is them who put the time criminals there in the first place.” The MP paused for a second to add dramatic effect to his next statement, “Of course even if the IPP did sort out some kind of probation for reformed time criminals that would still exclude Grunkel from being released.”

“Because of his many crimes?”

“That’s right.”

“Well one out of two ain’t bad,” mused Splob in a kind of philosophical way.

The MP gave access priority to Sid’s IWT, “Ok Sid, you can dial the end of the world minus six minutes now and you’ll be re-routed to Precinct 13.”

Sid Twizzled the dials on the IWT and vanished into non-time.

Precinct 13 seemed very much like it was when (or non-when) Sid had visited it last time (or non-time) with Arthur. The fountain in the central plaza was still broken, goblin bones littered the floor and Reginald was still in trainer pants.

Making his way over to the gnome enclosure Sid knocked on the gate.

A hatch opened, “What do you want?” asked a gnome from the other side.

“To see Grunkel.”

“You’re not here to stop him using his IWT to escape are you?”

“Erm, sort of.”

“Well you’re not coming in then.”