Chapter 7 - Trust Me

"What are you talking about hyung?" Hoseok asked seeming to be completely baffled. Seokjin sighed then he began explaining. "Our batchmate, Sungmin, told me about Taehyung." This just made Hoseok even more confused. "W-what do you mean?" He asked once again. "Sungmin said that his friend heard Taehyung say that he doesn't want to have friends anymore. He is planning to betray us. He is also said to be good at acting so we must be careful." Explained Seokjin. Hoseok then replied, "Do you even trust Sungmin? How did you come up with a conclusion like that." Seokjin sighed once again then he tried to explain, "Hoseok, let's put this together. Taehyung has been avoiding us right? This gives a perfect explanation. He is turning psycho."

"But Seokjin, you don't have the full proof. How can you conclude something without the full proof?" Hoseok questioned talking seriously because he used Seokjin's full name. "I'm just..." He takes a deep breathe before he speaks again. "I'm just worried. That's all. By this point, let's avoid him. He's dangerous." Seokjin held the shoulder of Hoseok hoping to be understanding. With not of a careful consideration, Hoseok sighs then he nods. "Okay" They then heard a door slam. "Did he hear us?" Questioned Hoseok. "It doesn't matter now."

Taehyung heard it; he heard everything. He was listening to Hoseok and Seokjin from behind the door wandering what they were talking about. After hearing it, he ran to his room and slammed the door close, crying. The plan has started. He knew that Sungmin, Seong, and Kwanyoung were great liars. He tried to talk to his friends but he couldn't seem to put himself together. As every tear that dropped symbolizes that he is losing hope once again; that he is losing faith once again. Reminded of the day of the reunion, he still has Jungkook. He still has someone who trusts him.

"Jimin-ah" A distant voice called out. Jimin looked around, wondering what's going on. He was on a corridor which was outside his apartment. There was quite a distance between Jimin and the person. The person was hooded and the light was behind him which makes his front covered with a shadow. "Can you trust me?" Asked the hooded person. The voice seemed familiar to Jimin. Recalling the voice from somewhere, he knew who it was. "Taehyung?" He questioned. "Jimin, can you trust me? Please?" Jimin could tell that there was pity in his voice. How could he trust him after what he has done. Because of Jimin taking quite a while before answering, Taehyung then started fading into dust. "Taehyung!" Jimin tried to run to him but it seems that a wall was covered in between them. He banged the wall using his fist with all his might but it was no use. "Please." Taehyung begged once more while a tear dropped onto the ground. This wasn't the Taehyung that is in the present, this is the Taehyung from the past. The Taehyung whom he knew well. He hesitated to say yes but then this leaves him a feeling that, Taehyung is still Taehyung they used to know. Maybe they could still bring him back. "I trust you." A little light showed as the face of Taehyung is now revealed. He was smiling. "I believe you."

"Wake up shortie." Said Jungkook who was waking him up. Jimin slowly woke up then processing what Jungkook has said, he grabbed his pillow and hit him making the latter laugh. "Why are you calling me that again?" He questioned. "It's been a long time." Replied Jungkook who was grinning. "Oh shut up." He placed his pillow back and laid back down again. "Okay hyung but your girlfriend is texting you." Jimin just nods in reply until he replayed what Jungkook said. Girlfriend. He grabbed the pillow once again and hit the younger one but harder. "What girlfriend??" He exclaimed. "Check your messages~" Jungkook teased as he went up his bed. Jimin grabbed his phone then checked the messages.

Miyoung: When do you want to go? Next week or this week?

Jimin now understands why Jungkook called Miyoung his 'girlfriend'. He looked up at the latter who was just smiling. He looked back at his phone and texted her.

Jimin: Next week.

Jimin placed his phone back on the table then he looked up at Jungkook, going to explain who the girl is. "Jungkook-ah, she's my partner for a project. I just knew her today." He explained. "Yeah but then it's your first time getting a girl's number isn't it?" Jungkook questioned being onto Jimin. The other didn't know what to reply. "You like her don't you?" Jungkook mischievously grinned. "Oh shut up."