♪ Epilogue ♪

• Dedicated to everyone who has stuck by this story and supported it

I paused, taking in the view of my hotel room, and sucking in a deep breath.

"I can't believe this is really happening..." I whispered, rubbing at my eyes and looking around.

The entire room was as big as my entire apartment back in Seattle, and the four walls were painted a soothing ivory color. Each had decorations of leaves and vines intertwining with one another, all coming together at the head of the King-sized bed in the middle of the room. There was a small area with two couches and a TV, combined with the kitchen and refrigerator. Cautiously, I hoisted my suitcase onto its wheels and exited the doorframe, walking into the room and feeling as if I were in Narnia instead.

"Is this all real?" My breath hitched as my gaze caught the view outside; London was absolutely beautiful. Though a bit dreary and gray, a bit of sunshine peaked through a small crevice in the sky, allowing a bit of yellow hue to rain down on the skyscrapers and passing cars.

The city was alive, reminding me of my own hometown. They were both similar: both a little dark but cheery. People were like ants from my window, hustling and bustling along the sidewalks, entering and exiting buildings, chattering and just being whole.

I turned away reluctantly, wheeling my suitcase towards the bed and dumping the luggage onto the ivy comforters. Sitting on the edge of the mattress, I closed my eyes and extended my arms to my sides.

Immediately I melted into the mattress, a soft, delusional smile on my lips. I laughed, and once I started I found that I couldn't stop. I was free.

I was free.

After letting out a loud sigh, I hoisted myself up onto my elbows and pushed the lock of hair that swept I to my eyes, blocking my vision. Once I could see again, my gaze was already fixed on the window once more.

There was something that caught my eye; and it came in the form a small building amidst the modern looking buildings beside it. It was out of place and worn down, it's exteriors bricked and the red fading. I climbed off the bed to take a closer look at it.

It was small and cozy; the windows were covered in antique looking posters and the display window held an array of vintage items rarely seen in the twenty-first century. There were three record players, sitting behind a small television set that look like it was from the fifties.

The sign above the auburn door read, Wreck-It Records: London Edition.

I didn't know why, but I found myself drawn to the quaintness of the place, so different from everything else. It didn't take long for me to realize I was heading there. Quickly abandoning the chore of unpacking my suitcase, I swiped my hotel key off the table and put it into my pocket before leaving the room.

It took two paces to the right as I paused at the door beside mine, holding up a fist and knocking on the wood. It opened after the third knock and an exhausted looking Xander answered the door. His blonde hair was brushed to the side, and his blue eyes looked tired from the long trip to the UK. "Lacey? Is something wrong?"

"I'm going to go exploring for a bit - I just stopped by to let someone know. Tell the others for me, okay?" I replied, leaning against the doorframe with a smirk.

"Is that Drake again?" I heard Zac's voice yell from inside. "Tell him I'm not switching back until he gives me back my deodorant!"

"It's Lacey!" Xander yelled back before turning back to me with a frown. "It's not fair that we have to share rooms but you get one all to yourself."

"Being the only girl in the band has its perks," I said with a wink, sliding off the edge of the doorframe and sticking my hands in my pockets. "Anyway, I'm heading out. Just call me if Gabriel decides on a sudden practice session like he always does."