My Little Decoy

"One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." -Bob Marley

--

Having grown up in an abusive household and in a constant struggle to find inner peace, a young seventeen year old girl by the name of Lacey Carson lives and breathes for her only savior: music. Growing up with a natural knack for rhythm and beats, Lacey is a gifted drummer with a passion for what she does. She and her faithful drum sticks are a package deal that could never be divided. Her only hope for escaping the prison that is her life is waiting for the day she turns eighteen and can legally move out; hopefully somewhere far, far away from her father. But unfortunately, that day is taking way too long to get there. When a national competition for a battle of the bandsis announced; the reward for the winning band being a grand prize of a million dollars and a ticket to a recording studio in England, Lacey knew that it was fate. All she needed was a band to play with...

But indifferent, apathetic, and cold to the rest of the world, will she be able to find a group who she could trust and befriend? Fall in love with 'mysterious' stranger who may or may not have feelings for her? Discover her own true self tangled in between a web of lies? Or is it all simply just a decoy?

--

Copyright © 2012—2014

Disclaimer: Every chapter begins with song lyrics by the band, Paramore. Those lyrics do not belong to me. The link to each song can be found in each chapter's external link. Any song or lyrics mentioned in the story belong to their respective writers, except for those mentioned that are my original lyrics. This story is my original work. Please no stealing, redistributing, or copying.

Also, just a warning: This story may contain adult themes (such as abuse), and there will be some cursing. If you don't mind that kind of stuff, keep reading. The few chapters in the beginning are to be severely edited once the story is completed. Just a warning, those are chapters were written when I was younger and less mature, but I assure you my writing gets better later on.

Enjoy the story. c: And don't forget to comment and vote.

-Isa