♪ No One Knows Us At All ♪ {15}

"So we stand here now and no one knows us at all
I won't get used to this
I won't get used to being gone." -Franklin

"It's about time you showed up." Gabriel muttered as the door swung open with so much force that I nearly toppled backwards from the its motion. I squinted against the gleam from the glass door, covering above my eyes with my palm, trying to focus in on Gabriel's blurry figure. His arm was placed across the doorway, blocking my way of entry.

As I my eyes adjusted, I concluded from the scowl on his face that I was pretty much either late, or the guy was PMSing. His bushy eyebrows jumbled together as he analyzed my appearance, possibly judging me from my helmet hair, and wrinkled clothing. In fact, the same clothing from when he'd last seen me in school. A black Asking Alexandria shirt, yellow skinny jeans, and combat boots. Way to make an appearance.

"Nice to see you too," I quirked an eyebrow, crossing my arms over my chest and tilting my head to see underneath his arms and into the home. The interior of the house, err- mansion, was enormous; just like the exterior was. When Drake had given me his address, I never even considered the fact that he might've been loaded. Something told me that by the cobblestone walkway, iron wrought gates, beautiful garden (complete with a fountain), and his home being the spitting image of the White House, that perhaps Drake may have a bit too much money. "Are you letting me in or not?"

Gabriel opened his mouth to object but was cut off when we heard footsteps echoing through the hardwood floors inside the mansion.

"Gabriel!" A voice called out his name, and Gabriel turned around to see who had spoken. I took this as an advantage and ducked underneath his arms, skidding into the house and nearly tripping as my combat boots slipped on the floor.

"Sorry, the maid just polished." Another voice, different from the first person who had spoken, interjected. Drake popped up beside me, a sheepish look in his face. He wore sweats and a Black Veil Brides tee. "Oh, and welcome to the Mallone residance, by the way."

I fixed a monotonous stare at him and merely shrugged, "Uhm... thanks." Glancing around the spacious area now that I was past the guard dog, my eyes roamed around, taking in the sight with such an awe that I would never reveal to these boys.

We were in the grate room, from what I could tell. A lovely mahagony desk was placed against one of the peach colored walls, and on top were beautiful flower arrangements. Paintings and photographs of Drake's family littered the ornate walls along with the snow white doors on either side, and I felt both claustrophobic and free at the same time.

Past the hallway, I picked out the kitchen, which had four ovens from my vantage point, and the living room with beige couches that blended into a mixture with the light green walls. "I never expected you would live someplace like... here." I added as an afterthought.

Drake placed a dramatic hand over his heart, giving me a horrified look that was so cheesy that my lips quirked up slightly. "What? Did you think I wasn't good enough to be rich?" I rolled my eyes in response, very well about to reply sarcastically when we were interrupted again.

"Stop messing with her, man." Zac laughed, standing a few feet away from us with a glass of lemonade in hand. He took a sip of his drink while waving hey to me at the same time. I gave him a mocking salute in return. I almost smiled at his VersaEmerge shirt, thinking of that 'date' with Blake but instead, I remained impassive.

"Whatever, now that she's here, we can practice." Gabriel said gruffly, finally recovering from the confusion when he noticed I wasn't outside anymore, and shouldered past Drake. He didn't spare me a glance before walking swiftly past Zac, taking his friend's lemonade, and disappearing down the winding set of stairs leading down into the depths of Drake's home.