Chapter 1:

1’375, 1’376, 1’377. Don’t you just hate it when you are so bored you count the seconds? Well that’s what I feel like now. I’m sitting in a huge, fancy restaurant with my family. My little brother Flynn (who is 14), my mother Sarah, my father Andrew, and me, Crystal Megan Lee. Two hours have gone past, two whole hours! And we are still sitting in the same place talking about the same things with the same waiters who are wearing the same black uniforms. Father has a friend who is supposed to be meeting us here, and in any other circumstances I would have stormed out by now in my stylish yet comfortable combat boots and be in my room reading a good book. But no, I have to stay here and wait for Klaus. No, Klaus isn’t my fathers’ friend. But he is going to be here anyway because I saw it in a vision. Are you confused? Yes? **sigh**

I hate this introduction thingy but I will do it anyway… hi! I’m Crys Lee, You already know me because I have been ranting on for the past few minutes, you probably also know by now that I am a witch that get’s visions (and man, are they painful) but here are a few thing you DON’T know about me.I am 17, I have jet black hair that I find very boring, I have a massive attitude and I hate being called Crystal, Chrissie, Christine… basically anything but Crys (pronounced Chris if you are having trouble grasping it) my fashion is gothic…possibly? I don’t know, but I like black! A few days ago I had a vision that Klaus (who is the first ever vampire and like hundreds of years old) will be in this restaurant today and I would love to meet him because he is potentially my grandfather, I dunno but either him or one of his brothers got some girl pregnant before he was a vampire and follow down that family line and you come to me! Personally I hope it is Elijah because from what I have heard he is epic. So that is the reason I am sitting here listening to my family talk about politics and other things old people talk about.

I unplug the headphones that have been glued to my ears all night and look for Klaus again. The restaurant is big and crowded so in any other circumstance finding him would be hard but I know what table he is going to be siting at so all I have to do is watch and wait. I look over but unfortunately he is not there, in his place are a couple who haven’t stopped making out since they got here. They have had their food and are now just being selfish and hogging a perfectly good table! Finally I decide to take action. This couple has got to go! I excuse myself from my table saying I am going back to our suite my mother gives me a disappointed look from across the table but doesn’t say anything. I start heading in the direction of our suit but when my parents aren’t looking I bolt the other way. I’m feeling pretty ninja right about now and start phase two of my amazing plan. I inch towards the big swinging doors that lead to the kitchen and look through the glass. There are three aprons hanging about four meters from where I am. I wait until none of the chefs are looking I dart into the kitchen grabbing the apron and getting out without anyone seeing. Now comes the fun part. I tie the apron around my neck and waist and take off all my jewellery and accessories. With my black jeans, black shirt and apron I look just like I work here. The table to my left has just finished their dinner soI grab the two plates that are half full of spaghetti bolognaise and make my way over to the happy couple. They didn’t even notice me until I was standing in front of them tapping my heel.

“Excuse me” …nothing

“Excuse ME!” I say louder, this finally gets them looking up from their game of tonsil hockey.

“What?” the female snaps untangling herself from her boyfriends arms.

 I wince, holding back from slapping this chick and making a scene.