Prologue - Someday she'll learn that i'm not a princess

"And they lived happily ever after." I whispered as Jacquie's head bobbed on my shoulder. Careful not to disturb her, I gently laid her head on the pillow and put the book on the bedside table near her Disney Princesses lamp.

"Ella, do you think i'll find my prince someday?" Jacquie asks, her voice laced with sleep as I turn off her lamp and turn on her princess nightlight.

"Jacquie, what are you?" I ask facing her slightly as her nightlight shined enough light for half her face to be illuminated and half of mine to shine.

"I'm your princess." She replied sleepily while yawning cutely and blinking repeatedly in order to stay awake.

"That's right Jac, and what do all princesses need?" I asked her tucking her more in the blankets.

"They need a castle and some ponies and a prince so they can have a happily ever after." She said yawning again, finally giving up and letting her eyes shut.

"And you already live in a castle, we have a lot of ponies out back, of course you will find your prince someday and he's going to love you almost as much as I love you." I replied kissing her forehead and making my way to the door. One day she'll learn that she doesn't need that prince to be happy.

"Ella," Jacquie called out before I shut the door completely, I opened it a bit more enough for my head to be able to pop in.

"Yes darling?" I asked her smiling when I saw her yawn yet again.

"Will you find your prince soon?" She asked innocently looking at me with those big blue eyes.

"I don't know Jac, maybe." I told her softly opening the door just a bit more so I could stick my upper torso in a little too.

"I hope you do Ella, he'll love you almost as much as I do." She said finally letting her little head sink farther into the fluffy pillows as she drifted of to sleep.

I gave a sigh and fully closed the door behind me as I stepped into the hallway and started making my way into the attic where my room was in.

Someday she'll learn that i'm not a princess.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Dedicated to LunaRoselle, thank you for the amazing covers and character banners. On another note, if you are good at making trailers I would love it if you could message me and maybe make me a trailer for this story.